Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
Prayers for He and His Family, may God Bless and Comfort them.
AMEN

Thanks for the update shortfuse.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Supporting Member

It sounds like a tough time. More prayers for Steve and his family.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 12-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Supporting Member

Those Hospice folks are good people and will do their best to make him comfortable. He was not wanting them over when I last talked to Candi.
I HATE CANCER !!! To top it all off the VA's screwing him around same as when I last went to em in the 70's, nothing has changed there no matter what they say.
I do believe the book though and I read James 5:16 that says.
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
I'm a long way from righteous but I believe some of you are and I believe God hears all our prayers, I know those guys sure need em so we keep them on our prayer list.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Default Never give up. Ever.

To all of you,

http://bit.ly/2C2FwPf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3909570/

I have had experience with cancer amongst all of my friends and my family is not immune to it either.

I'm not sure any of you are willing to look at "traditional western medicine" with an open mind but I really hope you are.

Stevo, and others here have suffered from cancer, and it breaks people down to see him go through this. It seems terminal.

If it seems terminal and you are seemingly "out of options" then you have nothing to loose by taking a different approach and using what has saved some other cancer fighters and given them years of life when they were told by their physician that "they should get their affairs in order".
Old 12-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Those Hospice folks are good people and will do their best to make him comfortable. He was not wanting them over when I last talked to Candi.
I HATE CANCER !!! To top it all off the VA's screwing him around same as when I last went to em in the 70's, nothing has changed there no matter what they say.
I do believe the book though and I read James 5:16 that says.
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
I'm a long way from righteous but I believe some of you are and I believe God hears all our prayers, I know those guys sure need em so we keep them on our prayer list.
It's true He would not even talk about getting Hospice so she was Shocked to hear him say I think you better call Hospice He fought it tooth and nail but He realizes He can no longer be left alone during the Day someone must be there during the Day for him. Keith
Old 12-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Prayers to Stevo and his family. May God watch over he and his family during this difficult time. 🙏🏻
Old 12-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Supporting Member

Kieth I think when a guy finally accepts the need for hospice it's like admitting he can't fight it anymore. I have a hunch from all the talks with Steve he did it more for Candi and the kids than himself, he's worried sick about them and hates like heck causing them grief.
Candi said he really wants to get out here to Montana, sure wish they could make it, love to show em around.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Supporting Member

Damn.

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 12-11-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Kieth I think when a guy finally accepts the need for hospice it's like admitting he can't fight it anymore. I have a hunch from all the talks with Steve he did it more for Candi and the kids than himself, he's worried sick about them and hates like heck causing them grief.
Candi said he really wants to get out here to Montana, sure wish they could make it, love to show em around.
It would have been great I think he mentioned once he had an Invitation from you to go out there but by then he was already headed down hill I think. Our Predator season in Jersey starts on Jan 1st and goes to March 15 the decline of his health in just that short span of time was pretty alarming in Jan we would go out in the morning and he'd last until lunch time by March he'd only last about an hour or so in the morning and he'd just get up and start walking out of the woods it was tough to watch a guy that loved Predator Hunting give up after an Hour or so I Loved Hunting with that Guy I will miss Him. Keith
Old 12-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Supporting Member

Kinda weird having had the same kinda cancer and how different the outcomes, feels crummy to tell ya the truth Keith.
A kid from Billings was here in town to attend a buddies bachelor party and the next morning when I was on the way to work he was lost and about half plastered when he ran a stop light and hit my truck. I was seeing a physical therapist a week or so later and he says "Doug, I don't wanna scare ya but you have a mass deep in your neck and you need to see an ENT Dr. like today!"
Long story short they did a biopsy and the next day a "radical neck dissection", (I'm missing about a 1/5 of my neck). Radiation, couple a Chemo's, a year of crap like I never imagined and it was over, that was 17 1/2 years ago. A fair number of side effects but after them telling my Bride I had less than a 5% chance of making it two years, and at 5 years at my check up the Dr said "this is the checkup where I pronounce you cured", I came out just fine! I'd so hoped for the same outcome for Steve, I still do but it doesn't sound so good does it .
Way to much outta me . Somehow it just don't seem right though, such a fine guy.