Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-09-2017, 06:08 AM
Supporting Member

Default Some OT photos to look at

This is not small caliber as everyone was using a 6PPC

Well early November was busy for the wife and I we headed North to Nelson for a bit over 10 days..........the mission........compete at the World Benchrest Championships.

With 13 countries represented, which consisted of 71 competitors making up 16 teams and some individuals we were hopeful that everyone was going to have a great time.......and from all reports they did.

With everything over I thought some might be interested in having a look at some photos taken during the event.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...BhMlFeGCWyRiah

Hope you enjoy........Kiwi
Old 12-09-2017, 12:20 PM

Nicely done, thanks for that.
What were your impressions of the BR equipment and the shooters. I attended the last World's in St Louis and was impressed and overwhelmed by all you can see and learn.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
Old 12-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Kiwi, I saw some Ritz crackers sitting on one fellow's reloading bench. I wonder how many grains of Ritz he puts into his loads. Beautiful surroundings. Wish I were there. Burt
PS - BTW, Does the name Mathew Cowley ring a bell for you down there in NZ?
Old 12-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Default Some OT photos to look at

Kiwi, large or small, thanks. Enjoyed the photo's of the event. Looks like all had a fine time. Bill K
Old 12-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburrell View Post
Kiwi, I saw some Ritz crackers sitting on one fellow's reloading bench. I wonder how many grains of Ritz he puts into his loads. Beautiful surroundings. Wish I were there. Burt
PS - BTW, Does the name Mathew Cowley ring a bell for you down there in NZ?

They were sitting on Mike Bryants loading bench.........I'm told he couldn't get them in the 6ppc case so ate them instead........1 cracker per 2 rounds to reload .
Did you notice the Canuk reloading table.........sweets for all.

Sorry No that name doesn't ring a bell........please enlighten me as to who he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McNeill View Post
Nicely done, thanks for that.
What were your impressions of the BR equipment and the shooters. I attended the last World's in St Louis and was impressed and overwhelmed by all you can see and learn.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
I was in St Louis as well for WBC,
The shooters are all friendly and on more than one occassion I saw shooters from one country helping shooters from another country.

When WBC was held here on the Nelson range in 2001 there were quite a few competitors lacking competitve equipment compared to what the USA shooters had..........now the rest of the world has caught up and it is a lot tougher for the USA teams to be 1-2 & 3.

Everyone has there preference when it comes to reloading equipment, which is why my wife and I have put together a full set of equipment and a rifle we can loan to new shooters. This way they can come along, compete and decide what they would like to buy before they end up buying a whole lot of equipment that isn't needed.
I can remember being told that in Benchrest you spend the first 5 years buying all the equipment that you think will help you win then the next 10 years trying to sell everything you didn't need...........Kiwi
Old 12-10-2017, 04:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Looks like you were going to a hanging
with that rope around your neck!

Thanks for sharing, looks like quite a party

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 12-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Thanks so much for posting the photos, Glad you both got to compete. Hope it went well for you!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:26 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman47327 View Post
Thanks so much for posting the photos, Glad you both got to compete. Hope it went well for you!
We had a great time and were both challenged by the conditions.

I was just looing through some of the dash cam footage from our trip in 2015 and have just finished watching the drive through Eastern Indiana culminationg in our meeting at Ainsleys cafe......brought back a lot of memories...........Kiwi