Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-13-2016, 09:59 PM

Default Justice Scalia is dead!

Supreme court justice Antonin Scalia passed away this morning. Probably the most conservative of all the justices this is a huge loss for 2nd ammendment supporters. This make this presidential election the most important in my lifetime. The good news is, with a Republican dominated congress there's no way that Obama will ever get his nominee approved. But God help us all if a Democrat, any Democrat, gets elected! Please contribute your time and money to the Republicans. No matter who is nominated, even if you don't really like them, just get out and vote! And get your friends and family members out too. Do it for America!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:49 AM

I don't believe in counting one's chickens before they're hatched. That being said, I wouldn't be so sure that our wannabe dictator might try some end run to get a nominee of his choosing on the SCOTUS. I surely do hope that is not the case!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:35 AM

Default Justice Scalia is dead

I would almost bet, that Barack or Hillary will do their best to put Eric Holder into this position.. sure hope they do not make a go of it. Bill K
Old 02-14-2016, 01:00 PM

Best news I've heard lately. How can you trust a drunken billionaires' whore, anyway?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyYates View Post
Best news I've heard lately. How can you trust a drunken billionaires' whore, anyway?
that statement needs some explaining!
the senate in in recess right now, for a few days. don't be surprised if Obama makes a recess apointment this next few days. there are several of his cases coming up this spring and he needs a majority to win not a tie. being a true Saul Alinsky man he isn't about to let a crisis go to waste.

i hope i am wrong but haven't been so far.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Supporting Member

I seen a news brief. The Commander In Chief stated that he has Constitution responsibilities to nominate selection for the court ! We must remember he is a Constitutional scholar !!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Supporting Member

Well said, Doug. We have lost a giant. Let's see who they try to ram down our throats as a replacement.
Larry
Old 02-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Supporting Member

I can't help but feel a sense of personal loss at this great man's passing, our judicial system is weaker and infinitely more tumultuous with him gone.
I have told some of the members here this story but it seems to be appropriate to retell it on the open forum at this time.
I have a friend who is in the banking business and many many pay-grades above my own. He has the most beautiful hand built wooden drift boat I've ever seen. A number of years back his superior called him into his office and asked a favor of him. Seems he had a personal friend and top level client coming to town and he asked my buddy if he would mind taking a work day off to float the Yellowstone river and fish with this individual...."Duh, let me think about that a minute "?
My bud shows up the next morning with his boat at 06:00 and is introduced to Justice Antonin Scalia, Nino as he insisted my friend call him. That float turned into a number of floats over time as well as several sporting clay shoots. Nino liked Montana a lot.
Being duly impressed by this, even in an area where people of one degree of fame or another are quite common I had to ask my buddy if he'd ever talked shop with Justice Scalia. He said he hadn't because when Nino was out here it was to relax from the stresses of his position. He said however that the only time they discussed the constitution or law was one time shooting sporting clays when Nino commented on how terribly committed to upholding the Second Amendment he was and the importance he felt the Second held in representing our freedom under the Constitution.

Potato Head reached a new and disgusting low in jumping on the politics of Justice Scalia's replacement on the very day his passing was announced. At our home we prayed not only for Nino and his family but this great Country as well. Justice Scalia will be an irreplaceable pillar of Fidelity and Wisdom on that bench!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:12 PM

Default The Passing

Doug,
I too feel exactly as you, and I'd like to thank you for posting that story.

We are truly diminished by his passing, and I fear for what lies ahead.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:34 AM

We morn the loss of a great man and scholar, Thanks for sharing your story, it just shows the kind of man he was.

Lowell and Ardis

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON