Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-17-2016, 09:03 PM

Default Cz 527 22 hornet lux

So I went to a local dealer to browse today. His prices are always way high but I was bored and he is the only outfit in the small town I was in. Asked to see any cz hornet's and the kid hands me a 527 lux marked 419.00. I slap my credit card down and say I will take it. I wanted an American but at that price I could live with the few difference. Do all the paper work there for a half hour and the kid runs my background check rings me and says that will be 770.00. Say again? 770. Gun has 2 tags one big bold print 4x4 card with 419 the other tiny print tag 740 without tax. I say wait a minute and show the difference. He calls the owner and the owner says the best he can do is 585 and add tax. They say sorry. I made it clear it sucked but held my tongue and walked away. Win some you lose some I guess. I even had him double check the price before starting everything. I don't think I will be doing business there again.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 03-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Supporting Member

Ahhh the old "Bait and Switch" routine. That one was on steroids though. I dunno if I could have been as nice as you.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:07 PM

I knew the price was super low but figured it had sat on the shelf and he wanted it gone. I tried to be honest and had him double check. I even showed him the difference between the gun I was buying and the same model next to it in a different more popular caliber that was marked 740. Then the kid says hey you know you can shoot 17 hornet through it to...... I was like uhhh no. The mags are interchangeable but if I put a 17 hornet in it there could be an accident... I'm still agiatated over the whole thing and it was hours ago. If I buy it on line I can have the model I want for 10 dollars more. And I'm not keen on the idea of that place getting my money even if he did give it to me at cost and didnt make a dime.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:14 PM

Ouch, tough test. Good news is: You passed your Good Behavior Exam with flying colors today!!! I could only hope to handle that situation as well as you did.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:52 AM

My Mother always told me "If it sounds to good to be True......
Walking away was a sound decision!!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:18 AM

Yeah my father use to tell me the same thing. But now and again I meet people that seem to have a handful of 4 leaf clovers and a lucky horse shoe stuck where the sun don't shine. Figured maybe it was my turn. But it turns out all I got was the horse shoe but it ain't so lucky.....
Old 03-19-2016, 06:11 PM

Here's my first CZ Lux:

Here's my second CZ LUX:
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 PM

Default Last time that happened to me…

and it was the real deal was in the early 70's, Belgium made Browning vent rib A-5's for $275.00…walked out with two 12 ga and a 20 ga…hasn't happened since (to that degree anyway..).
Old 04-06-2016, 11:55 PM

Picked up my cz 527 American 22 hornet. I like the feel and balance. My first new cz. I have a carbine rebarrelled to 20-222, but this is my first factory offering. Wood is so so, not horrible not Montana doug good. I asked grab a gun about nice wood they said it was reserved for Montana or some such nonsense. Something about upstate NY guys can go pound sand........
All kidding aside I like the gun. Need to clean it, mount the scope and play with some test loads. Haven't been this excited about a factory cartridge in a while. The 22 hornet is just good fun.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Supporting Member

Hi 260, yea ,over the years you can see some funny pricing in gunshops. Sorry that one didn't work out for you.

I like your new wood grading system. So is " Montana Doug" between extra fancy and exhibition or somewhere else.
You've all seen pictures of his 17 HH, ordered at the psame time as mine. In comparison mine looks like a 2x4 painted with a brush. It just ain't right!
Larry

Last edited by Larry; 04-07-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Spelling