Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 PM

Default Sinclair shoulder bump bushings

OK, I am a fan of the Sinclaur bullet seating depth compatator and recently bought the inserts so I can measure shoulder bump when I resize too.

Thing is, the 40A size one (which fits smaller cases with a 40 degree shoulder) is too large for the KHornet. Similar problem on the 30A and the 17AHornet.

Anyone know of a bushing I can get that will work with the smaller cases like these?
Tom
Old 04-24-2014, 04:03 PM

I use them for 204R, 20VT, 270WIN and 7mm-08. All of mine fit the shoulder nicely. I would call Sinclair and talk to their tech department. They have always had good information about their products when I have needed it.

Since these are family/angle dependent, instead of caliber specific, you may benefit from the case head holder to keep things centered. Never used that part, myself, so I can't say how much help it would be.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:30 PM

I talked to sinclair today, and they agreed the hole is too large for the Hornet case based wildcats.

I have the Davidson base, and honestly I dont see any difference in accuracy of the readings with or without it.

If the guy who modifies dies to take TiN bushings ever returns my calls or email, maybe I'll see if he can make a bushing just for these smaller cases with the 40 degree shoulder.