Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA
Default I know....

It's been hot...

It's been windy...

You may not have shot well...

There has been lots of distractions....

I still want those targets back. There are lots of prizes that the supporters of this shoot have donated, lots of time involved, and money spent(not necessarily by me...by the sponsors, and supporters of this postal shoot)

Let's make them proud, and get your targets in, so I can get those prizes mailed out to the winners...there should be prizes for nearly everyone involved...except me

Shoot me an email, or text if you have my number, let me know if you are planning on sending them back, or not. I would like to get these scored, and get the results up soon.

Thanks to all of you!

Larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Supporting Member

Guys...i want to let you all know...i would rather be a little delayed, than have you not get your targets in.

This isn't a big deal, just fun, friendly competition, with some great prizes, including that Leupold scope, which will be drawn for, not performance based...anyone can win it!

Go shoot your targets, and mail them back to me!

Have some fun!

Larry

Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

Larry,

The return targets must be postmarked no later than 16 July, 2012 Copied from your post regarding the rules.

Today is July 20. Hopefully you are not planning on on changing the rules. I had a really hard time getting to the range and had to go on a windy day so I could meet the deadline that you imposed. As well the temperature was in between where my cold weather load and hot weather load shoot bug hole groups.

If you are going to accept targets sent after the deadline then I would like you to send me another target to shoot when conditions are just right. If that is not acceptable then please give the prizes to those of us that got our targets in on time.

Laverne

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinIA View Post
It's been hot...

It's been windy...

You may not have shot well...

There has been lots of distractions....

I still want those targets back. There are lots of prizes that the supporters of this shoot have donated, lots of time involved, and money spent(not necessarily by me...by the sponsors, and supporters of this postal shoot)

Let's make them proud, and get your targets in, so I can get those prizes mailed out to the winners...there should be prizes for nearly everyone involved...except me

Shoot me an email, or text if you have my number, let me know if you are planning on sending them back, or not. I would like to get these scored, and get the results up soon.

Thanks to all of you!

Larry
Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Lightbulb

I have no problem on missing out on the prizes.

Broke my right foot 4 weeks ago and couldn't drive to the range none-the-less walk 400 yards for targets.

I might be able to gt out this weekend, but 20 EXTREME has a valid point and I respect it.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Default Larry, I thought the time frame was...

... a good idea, but didn't manage to get my act together soon enough to shoot. If you do extend the time, please let us'ns know and I, for one, will shoot a 17HMR rather than miss out.

Alex
Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
I have no problem on missing out on the prizes.

Broke my right foot 4 weeks ago and couldn't drive to the range none-the-less walk 400 yards for targets.

I might be able to gt out this weekend, but 20 EXTREME has a valid point and I respect it.
Sorry to hear that you broke your foot. Thank you for your support of my point of view.

It is not a matter of winning prizes as I doubt that my, not so stellar, performance will win any. If by some chance that everyone else had a bad day, and I managed to win a prize, I plan on offering it for sale and making a contribution to Saubier. Hopefully the highest bidder will be a lot closer than I am here in Canada. Many of the prizes are illegal to send to me any way.

I know what it is like to not be able to get to the range on my own. Both of my legs are very painful and I rely on mobility equipment to get around. My good buddy, Super X, has been my range legs for the last couple of years. He has been busy with domestic chores for most of this spring and summer so I had to beg my wife to help me get the targets done for the Saubier Postal Shoot. There has hardly been a decent day that I could go to the range let alone find one when my wife was off work.

Laverne
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Supporting Member

I'm going to assume then, that all my targets that I am going to get in, are in...the only comments, or notes I got after posting that, were from guys that returned their targets, on time.

As soon as I get them all scanned, and scored...I will post the results.

I hope to have this done by the end of the week...going to be a busy one though...I will let you all know what I come up with.

Thanks for your patience, and understanding.

Larry

Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Default Postal Shoot

Hi Larry,

I know you have been busy but I was wondering if I missed a post with the 2012 results?

Norm
Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhunter View Post
Hi Larry,

I know you have been busy but I was wondering if I missed a post with the 2012 results?

Norm

No, i haven't gotten the results done. I don't want to make excuses, just been too busy to suit down and score them. I'm sorry for the delay. I will try get them done as soon as possible.

I was supposed to get the list of entries to Jim last week, so he could draw for the scope, and haven't gotten that done either.

I'm sorry guys.

Larry

Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 AM

Default thanks Larry.

I spoke to Larry on the phone this week and we will work together if necessary to get the results out and communicated. Please be patient, Larry is as busy as the rest of us with his family life and will do the best he can to finish up the postal match.

He also did a lot of pre-work with prize recruitment which would have never occurred otherwise. There are a number of terrific prizes that will be awarded.
Closed Thread