Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-10-2014, 02:24 PM

Default Barlien

I forgot to mention, he did ask what forum I was on and I told this one so they might check in on it but I don't know.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmg View Post
I just spoke to a guy in their customer service and he told me it would take 20 to 25 orders to get them going. Now for the important part, 5 to 6 months wait at I believe he said $370. Just to be sure I asked if they could be different contours and twists and he said that would be no problemo. He also said that they could install and that usually takes a couple of months. I don't know what that would cost didn't ask.
Install what?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Typical of today's "no-risk" business attitude. When they start to go under will probably ask for some type of tax-funded corporate welfare and blame the workers. It's not rocket science to machine rifle barrels.
I'll be sure to cross this one off my list.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:49 PM

They are not going under any time soon. They make awesome barrels. Winning lots of competitions.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Default Bartlien

Install, as in chamber, crown etc. He said they have very few 20 cal. reamers.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:33 PM

I just bought another Criterion barrel ( 204 R) If you get a group buy going I'd like to try a fast twist 20. sgtg out
Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Supporting Member

I always buy Lilja but do have 2 Bartlein, they are as good as they get. Their leade time is what stops me.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM

I bought a fine .224 cal barrel from Bartlein about 5 years when their wait was a typical 3 1/2 to 4 months. Then the Obama hysteria started and Bartlein started routinely posting that they would take up to a year. The last thing I saw some months back they had posted that they were taking 7 months or longer....and now I see they say it will take 5-6 months or longer.

Thank goodness I'm NOT a competition shooter, and I can order the lowly and inferior 20 cal Pac-Nor barrels that folks seem to overlook in favor of Bartlein. The Pac-nors have delivered 5 shot 1/4" groups out of my 20Tac, and that and their 3 1/2 month wait is plenty fine for me.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 PM

TE=Centerfire;198001]I bought a fine .224 cal barrel from Bartlein about 5 years when their wait was a typical 3 1/2 to 4 months. Then the Obama hysteria started and Bartlein started routinely posting that they would take up to a year. The last thing I saw some months back they had posted that they were taking 7 months or longer....and now I see they say it will take 5-6 months or longer.

Thank goodness I'm NOT a competition shooter, and I can order the lowly and inferior 20 cal Pac-Nor barrels that folks seem to overlook in favor of Bartlein. The Pac-nors have delivered 5 shot 1/4" groups out of my 20Tac, and that and their 3 1/2 month wait is plenty fine for me.[/quote]

I would be in for a group buy on a pac-nor barrel. 16 or more barrels and you can save 20%
$248 + shipping sounds good to me. Just a thought

Kevin
Old 04-10-2014, 10:21 PM

I think I would be more inclined to go with PacNor on a group buy....based on the responses from Bartlien, I would question quality control if they are just doing it to "please" a bunch of non competition varmint shooters. PacNor SS Super Match would be hard to beat. I will be watching this with interest.

Gene