Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 AM

I definitely think an ar can be a sporting rifle and can do a fine job of it. The second amendment loving side of me always wants to respond with "it doesn't have to or should be." It is there as my defense against a government that will forcibly try to take my rights. Especially my free speech and freedom of religion. When gun grabbers talk about anything hunting related a d the second amendment I shut them right down. It's not about sporting anything, not about hunting. Completely separate issue. Our forefathers knew how easily a government can become corrupt and over reaching and framed the second amendment for that reason. With the expectation that the populus be armed as well as or better then the military. They serve the people not the other way around. End of rant. I apologize if it got off topic but I am distressed the direction our country is going and I have three small children that will inherit this system when I'm gone. Makes a man think a little further down the road then here and now.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 07-28-2016, 03:56 AM
Supporting Member

260 you're on to what bugged me the most for sure. If I sold my AR's even as much as I like em it wouldn't break my heart, most every thing I own is a single shot varmint rifle with a .17 or .20 caliber hole down the tube and that's 99 percent of what I shoot. But it's all the other things you mentioned that make standing up for our right to keep semi autos important, even if they have high capacity magazines and pistol grips.
My Grand-Kids have a right to own em passed on without registration when I'm gone as long as they are responsible and law abiding. Lot a stuff going on real fast right now and we need to keep alert to who cares about our rights.
I caught this add on TV yesterday during the Democrat convention , what a thoughtful heady advertisement! Make sure the sounds on and watch it through.
Thanks NRA!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ADH9/nationa...i-didnt-listen
Old 07-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
Here in PA they can't be used for hunting. Heck, we can't even use 10/22's for tree squirrels. They're trying to pass legislation to allow it, but it has a fat chance of passage.
The Game Commission is waiting until hunting license sales dip below 500,000 before allowing those god awful semi autos and Sunday hunting.

As far as ARs are concerned, I put off buying one for fifty years but finally succumbed to a lower and an aftermarket .20 Practical upper. It shoots darn near as good as some of my bolt guns. They've come a long away and from this chair, YES, they make great sporting rifles.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 07-28-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:45 PM

I resisted the AR craze for many years, but after calling in a coyote triple and only getting one with a bolt action I saw the light. I went home and ordered a DPMS Prairie panther. Two weeks later, my first hunting trip with it, I called in and shot a single and later that night on another farm I called in and shot a triple, a week later 2 fox and 2 deer. All in all I am very happy with my choice, 8 shots 8 kills. Accurate, lite weight and fun to shoot, what's not to like. Yes a sporting arm indeed.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Supporting Member

Last night the Dems seemed to have pretty strong thoughts about any firearm being useful for sporting purposes.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 07-28-2016, 04:22 PM
Supporting Member

I've never seen a president in my life until now that I actually believed truly "hated" 50% of this country, unbelievable!
Day before yesterday when the Dims were getting a good head of steam I was watching it on FOX, imagine my surprise when they broke for commercial and this ad from the NRA came on .

I'll bet large it'll never be allowed on the alphabet channels. This young lady absolutely pinned it! The shot at Hollywood (no pun intended) and most especially her line "I am not the victim you "need" me to be! Absolutely right on the money. Seems the brain trust at the NRA is right on point. Brilliant counter point to the Republican, second amendment bashing that was getting a big head of steam. Loved it .
Old 07-28-2016, 05:18 PM

The NRA ads of late are right on target. Money well spent.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:04 PM

Default Can a AR be a sporting rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintshooter View Post
The NRA ads of late are right on target. Money well spent.
It is short, sweet and right on point, and the full truth, which the Dem's just can't seem to get into their heads or hearts. Bill K
Old 07-28-2016, 07:56 PM

Great stuff
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 07-28-2016, 08:59 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
I've never seen a president in my life until now that I actually believed truly "hated" 50% of this country, unbelievable!
Day before yesterday when the Dims were getting a good head of steam I was watching it on FOX, imagine my surprise when they broke for commercial and this ad from the NRA came on .

I'll bet large it'll never be allowed on the alphabet channels. This young lady absolutely pinned it! The shot at Hollywood (no pun intended) and most especially her line "I am not the victim you "need" me to be! Absolutely right on the money. Seems the brain trust at the NRA is right on point. Brilliant counter point to the Republican, second amendment bashing that was getting a big head of steam. Loved it .
Was this sentence in bold a misquote in terms of who opposes guns or am I not reading it right?

A Dem viewpoint from another forum.......

https://youtu.be/6nlhQafsx3o

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine