Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-22-2019, 03:41 PM

Default Moderator Request for New Member

I have a friend who is all signed up here as a new member. He can log in but, not able to post at all. His username is: flynmoose and many here will truly enjoy his presence. I can provide his email address if you send me a PM requesting it. TIA
Jon Ramos
Old 01-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Administrator

He should be good to go Jon!
Old 01-22-2019, 04:08 PM

Default I'm the new member

Thank you Jon, I have been lurking for years. The only sub 22 LR caliber I have is a Ruger American 17 HMR. The sage rats need to look out when I move back home! I was pleasantly surprised when I logged on the 28th of last month to find a post about an 1885 22 Hornet. I had ordered the same animal about an hour before. It was great to read about the Hornets that people have while waiting for mine. I will say that people here have some very nice Hornets and guns of other flavors. I hope to be able to shoot my 1885 Hornet tomorrow. It is my first and only 1885 and will shoot against my Ruger #1A 22 Hornet. As Jon knows I have single shot disease as well as Ruger #1 disease. I am also afflicted with T/C G2 and Encore disease, as Patrick McMannis once wrote "A fine and pleasant misery" I think I got the quote right.
Bill
Old 01-22-2019, 04:11 PM

Default Moderator Request for New Member

Bill: Welcome and looking forward to your comments/information. I also like the single shots, TC contenders are my additions. And other bolt and semi auto's. Bill K
Old 01-22-2019, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome Bill K. I have single shot adapters in most of my Czs and have some lever guns, watched too much cowboy TV in the 50s.
Bill
Old 01-22-2019, 04:30 PM

Default Moderator Request for new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmoose View Post
Thanks for the welcome Bill K. I have single shot adapters in most of my Czs and have some lever guns, watched too much cowboy TV in the 50s.
Bill
Sort of that way myself. Single shot slides for my bolt varmint rifles ( CZ, Savage & Remington actions. and still have a Winchester lever bought in 1949 in 30 WCF.. It has taken more than a few deer over the years and a coyote or two. Bill K
Old 01-22-2019, 04:58 PM

Welcome Bill.
I am also afflicted with TC/XP itis. There is no known cure that I am aware of. About the time symptoms show up it is to late. I have gotten mine into some what of a remission at this time.

Jeff
Old 01-22-2019, 05:08 PM

Welcome Bill,
Let us know what you think of your Browning hornet. I sure love mine.
Austin
Old 01-22-2019, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome JSH. The day I brought a T/C Encore with nice wood and a 24" 223 barrel home, my friend said that single shots are a disease. Mine goes into remission when the gun fund dwindles down to the "no way" level. It is not the wife but guilt and low reserves, I refuse to use credit for gun purchases unless I can pay it off in full when the bill comes knocking.
Bill
Old 01-22-2019, 06:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

welcome bill: I to am a recovering gun-a-holic. do love my 1-h 218bee, xp-100 and converted single shot cz in 17 v-raptor aka(velociraptor 17/5.7x28) for a while I had a love affair with the browning 78. have had a bunch of tc's and #1's over the years. all guns are an addiction which has nothing to do with need, just want.
if you have been a lurker for years here you know to keep a tight grip on your money or the guys here will help you spend it.
bob