Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2018, 01:38 AM

Default Ruger .17 WSM a "Thunderous Thumper"

Recently found a new honey pot for rats. Couldn't believe my eyes, the first time I laid them on this area a few weeks ago.

Rat city in the hills..........still blows me away how many squeaks are running around out here. "Free Range Cattle" helping to keep the grass mowed down short to give me full view of these little rascals.

Anyway, yesterday, a Kayak fishing trip turned into a quick excursion to this area.

As it happens often in the spring around here........the weather got the best of me. One minute sunshine and smiles and the next Thunder/Lightening/Hail/and Rain..........lots of it.

I got a good soaking, hid under a huge pine for an hour, waiting it out. Truck was 1/2 Mile away..........this is a walk in spot.

Once, the weather broke. I shot 125 rounds and put a real hurting on them.

Here I am, thinking I'm safe for the first 30 minutes..........

Then, lightening all around (within 1 mile), unleashed a cloudburst of hail/rain that wrapped around my tree with veracity. 30 MPH Winds came, and, I was done for...........

What's a guy gonna do...........atleast I had that big Pine to save me from even more moisture. Couldn't help but laugh.

And here is what a perfectly dry field looks like 60 minutes after getting dumped on in an Eastern Oregon June Thunderstorm.