Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 AM

Default Cooper service

Had an ejection problem with a relatively new mod. 38 in 17AH. As the result of a recent thread suspected it was a spring problem. Called Cooper and spoke to Ford Davis who suggested that I send it back and they would take care of it. As an alternative I suggested he send a couple of springs and if that didn't solve the problem I would then send it back. I spoke to him mid day Monday, and the springs (2) arrived via UPS special delivery Thursday morning. Needles to say the new spring solved the problem thanks to great service on the part of Cooper, Mr. Davis, and a piece of info picked up on this form. Thanks to all.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Banned

I have never personally dealt with Cooper. However its good to see that there are still a few companies left that understand what customer service is all about.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM

I bought a used Cooper a while ago which had a Bolt Release problem . I talked to Ford who was very courteous and helpful . He sent me a longer spring and it works fine now . My ability to analyze Mechanical problems is poor . Don't know why a longer spring works better to cam out the little pin on the butt side of the Bolt release mechanism but I found out just by substituting mechanism parts from a Cooper that released like it should . The mechanism is a small long metal yoke : spring fits under the left of the yoke into a recessed hole , then a very small screw holds the mechanism to the side of the Action , and on the right side is a small Pin which cams in and out of the Action if you push on the Left / Spring side of the mechanism . Anyone able to explain why this works ? I should have added that the stop pin end looked a little ragged so I filed it smooth ( and a tiny bit shorter ) as my first attempt . It worked a little better , but the longer spring was the real cure .

Last edited by xring; 11-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Supporting Member

I needed a trigger guard for my Cooper 21 project.......it cost a small fortune......and wasn't gold plated.........but the service was great, quick and no problems.

Now I need a couple of 22 Mag clips, I think $80 ea...... but I do need them....Kiwi