Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-11-2019, 04:05 AM

Default website instability

what is going on with this website tonight.

I cant LOG IN, although I have selected remember password option. To log in I have to do a bing search for the saubier website, and click on the discussions section on bing, and when the page loads im logged in and fine.

Two I have spent the last 20 minutes dealing with an unknown entity, this site, accessing my operating system in some sort of hacking attempt.

when the site became stable I noticed that for some reason the classified section no longer exists for me to go to.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post

I cant LOG IN, although I have selected remember password option. To log in I have to do a bing search for the saubier website, and click on the discussions section on bing, and when the page loads im logged in and fine.

Two I have spent the last 20 minutes dealing with an unknown entity, this site, accessing my operating system in some sort of hacking attempt.

when the site became stable I noticed that for some reason the classified section no longer exists for me to go to.
What anti-virus are you running? I've had problems with Norton sometimes trying to block my usual sites.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post

I'm not having any problems.............. Maybe delete your old saved shortcut to Saubier and save a new shortcut.....?

If you are at the discussion board, you have to go back to Saubier.com at the top left of the page to get the classifieds adds, etc. If you click on Saubier.com Forums at the top of the page it won't get you everything.

HTH - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 02-11-2019, 04:42 PM

lol, I'd love for you to explain this "unknown entity" you dealt with for almost 20 mins who was breaching your OS?

Try using firefox and lose bing. Did you try bringing up your task manager to locate this supposed hacking attempt.

What OS are you using? Do you use an adblock? Do you clear your cookies often?

Also if your so worried about getting hacked, why would you have a site remember your password?

Reinstall your OS and then try again and if you still have issues then maybe it is the site, but its most likely on your end. Or, learn vbulletin and teach the site admin how to do his job.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle View Post
lol, i'd love for you to explain this "unknown entity" you dealt with for almost 20 mins who was breaching your os?

Try using firefox and lose bing. Did you try bringing up your task manager to locate this supposed hacking attempt.

What os are you using? Do you use an adblock? Do you clear your cookies often?

Also if your so worried about getting hacked, why would you have a site remember your password?

Reinstall your os and then try again and if you still have issues then maybe it is the site, but its most likely on your end. Or, learn vbulletin and teach the site admin how to do his job. :d

Good advice and counsel....................

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Supporting Member

Try using firefox and lose bing.

What Jingle said, good advice.

Tom
Old 02-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Supporting Member

Not sure if I understand.

Bing is a search engine. Firefox is a browser.

Either way, sites like this one, mine and others that do not use SSL, (ie: secure sites https://), are going to start being marked "unsafe" by most search engines very soon.

If you guys want to get away from all tracking (for now), use the Brave browser and DuckDuckGo for your search.

Lastly, here is the best url to save as the bookmark for this site:
http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php
Old 02-12-2019, 02:11 AM
Supporting Member

I don't think that what pocketshaver is concerned about is an issue of SSL site security and/or tracking.

A few days back a poster expressed concern about SSL security which most folks here are aware of, but the OP in this thread seems upset about "site stability" - whatever that means - on his computer. To me, it sounds like he has/had some problem accessing this site specific to his computer.

JMO - BCB

Old 02-12-2019, 05:43 AM

stability is the issue.

I cant get my login information ACCEPTED by the website UNLESS I do a websearch on bing for "saubier". And click on the link for the discussion forums.

clicking on the link in the bing search results, opens up the discussion forums with me FULLY LOGGED IN. Even though 1 minute before the website refused to accept my log in information..

The first time I couldn't log in using my account, I sent an email to the website but haven't gotten a reply yet.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post
Not sure if I understand.

Bing is a search engine. Firefox is a browser.

Either way, sites like this one, mine and others that do not use SSL, (ie: secure sites https://), are going to start being marked "unsafe" by most search engines very soon.

If you guys want to get away from all tracking (for now), use the Brave browser and DuckDuckGo for your search.

Lastly, here is the best url to save as the bookmark for this site:
http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php

I guess I just assumed the OP is using internet explorer hence bing as the search engine. But again just assuming hence why I asked what OS etc thou is using.

I have no issues @ Saubier using firefox/duckduckgo.

PC's are a simple machine that are often made complex by its user. The topic is "website instability" but for me I disagree, its stable!