Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2017, 02:26 AM

Default 17-204 brass

Trying to decide between Nosler or Norma 204 brass to use to form 17-204. Any suggestions on brand? Norma is advertised as annealed, which I assume would help necking down? Maybe Nosler is too?
Old 11-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mully View Post
Trying to decide between Nosler or Norma 204 brass to use to form 17-204. Any suggestions on brand? Norma is advertised as annealed, which I assume would help necking down? Maybe Nosler is too?
IIRC, they're the same. Pick the lower price one. ALL brass is annealed initially.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:43 AM

Thanks. I have read Nosler is made by Norma, but have also read other manufacturers make some also.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Default 17-204

I think that Nosler bought a cartridge company and now are producing their own brass.
I went the other direction and am using 204 brass to make 6X47 Remington. I have tried both Norma and Nosler. I found Norma to be better than Nosler.
I recently bought some Nosler brass for the 22 Nosler. First shot using Hornady suggested starting load split the case lengthwise, both neck and body.
Please buy Norma.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:49 PM

I don't recall what is what but I think now only the brass in bags is Norma and the boxed is Nosler, but it could be just the opposite. I bought 200 years ago when it was all Norma, and it was in a bag, in the Nosler box. I bought a ton of WW years ago, before the went downhill, and in MY gun, it shoots just as well as the Norma, but it does require a full prep, and the Norma/Nosler was pretty much ready to load.