Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Supporting Member

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Supporting Member

BCB I fear I had to swipe that photo and save it for future situations, sorry .
It says it all, too funny .
Old 08-28-2015, 06:53 PM

260 Ackley and Ramos agree with you 100% that's all I am gonna say about this anymore gonna bow out respectively.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:55 PM

Default Wolves.

Just read a report, on Western Outdoors News, whereby the cal Fish and Wildlife Commission is so happy to see and hear that this pack of wolves has moved into Ca. They would be, not down hill go our wild life, and right behind them domestic and family animal attacks/deaths. They just can not wait to stop hunting in Ca and this a step that will aid them in doing just that. Bill K

As a thought to add to the two other posts.. We need too stick together as hunters/sports men and women and not let the Anti's use or divide us with opinions on our game animals and begin fighting each other. That is a tactic they will use, so let's not give them that option.

Last edited by Bill K; 08-28-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
Doug- Nice looking Hybrid.

Here is how I see this. Whether they were introduced or reintroduced makes no difference, they are here now and apparently thriving. I think we all agree that there needs to be some type of wolf management. If California does not want them killed then let them live the peaceful life in La La land. But each state should be able to manage them as they see fit. The feds need to get out of this because they could not handle the job from the beginning. I seriously doubt that wolves are still an endangered species.

I think that the big game hunters here and all over get hot because the wolves kill elk and deer that they think they have the right to. Sorry Charlie, they are killing to survive, you are doing it for sport! As far as the Bison in Yellowstone, if the numbers are so high that there is not enough food, they starve to death or should be culled. Folks, we are the problem here. Before man decided to try to control everything, mother nature did a pretty good job of keeping her charges in balance.

As far as the wolves go, they are very close to the top of the food chain. Man is their only predator and the problem with that is that we have the ability to wipe a species out very quickly and we do, in this case it would be for our own personal vendetta.

For whoever said that the wolf is not a coyote, you are right. But it is not the Boogie man either!
That guy was 70% Alaskan Tundra wolf and the rest malamute but having trained many dogs I gotta say that in him the 70% wolf was "all" dominant cause the dog part never came though, beautiful animal though and a terrible mistake! Wolves ain't pets, the bride was right yet again !

I gotta say that the first pack a wolves I saw running across a meadow down by the park in the middle of winter did send a thrill though me (I read all of Jack London's books 3 times each).
As to the Bison in Yellowstone they were a migratory species when they ran free and as the herds were so big they constantly were on the move or they'd starve to death. It's forcing them into a Park with invisible borders and making them stay there through brutal high mountain winters that's truly cruel cause as you say man isn't God and he stinks at running nature. That said we sure couldn't still have multi millions of bison trailing from south to north all year and still have towns and highways and stuff of that nature that also isn't going away.
I think your right about the Fed's butting out of it and letting the States run their own business on this just as I do on most all issues.
The problem in Montana is difficult for someone from a populated or other area to understand, our "Brucellosis free state" status is "HUGE"! One cow gets found with brucellosis and every beef leaving this state would have to be tested for brucellosis, it would bankrupt ranchers all over the state. These are the same ranchers that are feeding their livestock to the wolves now at a financially devastating rate so they too are just trying to survive.
As to survival hunting, count me in , I'm a cow or small bull hunter (if I can't get a cow) and we live on elk, retired disabled tight budget and all . True story.
Having talked to you before I know you love animals and I'm betting you remember I do as well. That said there is a lotta survival issues here involved around the wolves and sport hunting is but a small part of it. Look where Montana ranks in personal income charts some time .
I agree with .260 and Ramos and others though, we can disagree without being disagreeable. Not trying to sell my viewpoint either, just sharing some of the issues that give guys around here such strong opinions.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM

"Brucellosis free state" If brucellosis is found in more than one herd of cattle in a
brucellosis-free state within two years, the state loses its
brucellosis-free status and may face restrictions on interstate cattle
movement. You still have to test them ......

Last edited by Tim Anderson; 08-28-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:10 PM

There are no "Woofs" in OH, as far as I know, aside from the boy that cried Woof.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
BCB I fear I had to swipe that photo and save it for future situations, sorry .
It says it all, too funny .
Just remember me in your will..... Or in the will of the guy I swiped it from somewhere else on the internet.....

I thought it did fit the "peace keeping" scenario fairly well.

Back in H town. It seems weird after 14 days or so to not wake up smelling smoke coming in from Washington or Oregon.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-31-2015, 01:37 AM
Supporting Member

To my knowledge we have no wolves in PA however coyotes are the only animal you may hunt 24/7 with no limit! We don't need any more pack animals as we have plenty in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh!