Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 05-16-2023, 03:12 AM

Default Most accurate scale?

Again good evening gentle person’s,

I’m looking for a scale that will reliably get to 0.02 grains and not cost more the $200 or atleast not an arm and a leg. Cutting Edge bullets has kits for .22 long rifle reloading with lead free turned copper bullets. I’m going to try to get a reliable Subsonic load that’s going to get away from there published high velocity loads. The reason again, is to not be impacted by ammo shortages in the future and becoming more self reliant in those ammunition droughts.

Thanks again.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:39 AM

Scott Parker weigh to one kernel and are in the $200. range.
He hangs out at accurateshoote sometimes.

Hal
Old 05-16-2023, 07:18 AM

Hands down, best scale I've ever had or used is the A&D FX120i especially when using some of the tiny little extremely light types of powder for my 17 Hornet. The FX120 is sensitive enough to register even the tinnest little increase I may trickle in without going over. But, unfortunately you aren't going to get one for anywhere near 200 bucks. Nobody likes to spend anymore than they have to but if you can bring yourself to doing it, it doesn't take very long before you stop feeling the pain of the initial price.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:44 AM

B23,

Thank you for the reply. Yes that would be a great scale for my needs. My wallet on the other hand is still paying for my 2 sons college tuition housing, food and fees.

I don’t think I could swing that passed the referee/ wife for the next 4 years.
It’s on my wishlist now though.

I should open a Go Fund Me account and see.

After looking at it and reading the reviews, man now I might just bight the bullet and find a way to make this happen.
Old 05-17-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20-250ai View Post
B23,

Thank you for the reply. Yes that would be a great scale for my needs. My wallet on the other hand is still paying for my 2 sons college tuition housing, food and fees.

After looking at it and reading the reviews, man now I might just bight the bullet and find a way to make this happen.
I can certainly feel your pain. I have one that just finished her second year and of course she had to attend a private college which nearly doubles the cost and then she'll have med school after that so we're figuring by the time she's around 30, hopefully, we can be done paying. I asked my wife how much she thought I could get for one of my kidneys or maybe a lung, she just rolled her eyes at me and said nothing, nobody would want them. Geez, talk about a tough crowd.

Have you considered selling blood plasma to help fund your new scale?
Old 05-18-2023, 07:40 PM

Creemoor sports has the TRX 925 on sale for $299 right now. That is going to be really hard to beat fro the money.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:35 PM

I agree on the TRX. I'm going to sell my Parker 1010 if l can ever find the cover.....
Old 07-04-2023, 05:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

seems this thread has been here before, at that time the gempro 250 was the choice. as we know it was pulled from the market due to drifting issues. i have heard good things about the a&d.
just sent a hornady auto pro back that lasted one day. would not calibrate, tried for 6 hours and gave up, could not get beyond the 20g weight.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:16 PM

I'm so glad I bought the auto trickler with the A&E.
I was able to play with some of the purpose built powder measures from the red, green and the gray companies. But they weren't as easy or accurate as the auto tricker.
And Adam is a good guy who will help with any issues with his product.