Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch_hound View Post
May not be worth your while but I have 65 Hornady 45 grain HP BEE bullets that need a home.
Send me a text with how much you want and payment arrangements. At this point I’m not nearly as bad of shape as I was a few days ago. Thank you very much.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:29 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
I have on hand 8 (100) count of the Speer and a four count boxes of the Hornady on hand, not much over your ten count minimum. I use my model 65 after the grass gets to tall as a walking rifle for picking off gophers when they climb up on rocks later in the season. If you get jammed up I can spare a couple of boxes.
Thank you for the kind offer, I appreciate it. I think you better keep them for your own 65. I’m sitting a lot better but only as better as I can afford.

Do you have a scope on your 65? I’m using a William’s peep sight with what I think is a custom made dovetail blank for the rear sight (came as part of the deal with the original rear sight). I am very pleased with it but not as pleased as using glass lol

Today I worked up some CFE loads running the 45 Hornady’s right at 3,000 FPS...

Yesterday loaded up some with old data 2200 running 2800 FPS with what I believe is still a light load with room to go. I suspect close to 3k with them as well.

Haven’t shot any for accuracy yet just pressure.

I decided to crimp into the canalure this time. In the past I worked up the load with the bullet into the lands a little bit on a Ruger #1.

Also found out but using the LFC die that the brass I made from starline 32-20 must be a little thinner. Noticed it barely felt like I was crimping after doing the winchester brass
Old 04-21-2020, 10:34 PM
Supporting Member

Eric, you saved the day... except I did over spend again lol I found some winchester 46 gr bullets at around $11 something @100 then after stocking up on that order you posted the link at midsouth! I could of sworn I looked on their web site last week and it was not available??? Regardless it got me backup to what I feel is a fate zone for a while.

appreciate it very much Eric and a text will be on the way!
Old 04-21-2020, 10:37 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemann View Post
If you can find them the Speer 46 gr flat point shoot very well in my Marlin.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101093480?pid=196704
Thank you and I’ll keep an eye out for them. Looks like I’ll have a few to try out to see how I like them first. Thanks again very kind to offer up your experiance
Old 04-21-2020, 11:25 PM

Tried to send you a PM but kicked back due to no room in your inbox.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:31 AM

No glass it wears an off center mounted Marbles tang sight, it's a used rifle and whoever mounted the sight missed a bit. I load this one on a Dillon and just use RCBS dies with a Lee (light) crimp die. Powder is 1680 as I have quite a bit on hand for the 17 Hornet, it's running about 2650fps. At about 80 yards the front sight starts to cover a gopher which can make longer shots interesting. And I'm also using reformed 32-20 Starline brass.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:36 AM
Supporting Member

Sweet! Sounds like a really nice rug!!! I was surprised how much heavier that light lil 65 is after it’s fully loaded lol

I forgot to say earlier that I’m also experimenting with TCM bullets 45 grain and they have the cannelure.

On that same note, I’m also playing with those same TCM bullets in the 22 Jet and giving it a pretty good grip... I won’t know for a few days if it helps the accuracy anymore as it did for me with crimping the 22 Hornet?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:40 PM

Need you to make some room in your inbox tried to send a PM but the box is full.