Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Banned

Default 17

GL, I have some 17 Cooper brass and this 17WSM is real close, I think performance should be about the same. Ill tell you one thing the 22 mag or 5mm mag or 17 HMR take a long back seat to the 17B-Mag!! Rick, I hunt down here in south west Arkansas in the mountians and its ruff country! Even more so in the summer time. And Ive put this little Savage through HELL it still holds its zero! As a matter of fact I sighted it in back in Nov. and its right on. I have a Weaver 2x7 on it, wanted to keep the little rig light.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:53 PM

Default Jeremy(WI) Nice looking Rifle

Jeremy: Was it worth giving up the light weight of the factory stock for the Boyd's? I think Boyds stocks are the best thing going for the price. $100 for a stock that makes a butt-ugly rifle look like a real shooter. I think I will get one and try it out. I could probably resale it for $75 if I don't like it.
Dave
Old 07-30-2014, 01:24 AM

dungheap

If I could find a release trigger for a rifles, I buy them. I'm very entertaining "CHOOTing" off the bench. It not funny when you just CAN"T pull a trigger. I have to think about pulling a trigger. My best friend says" I DON"T know how in the hell you hit anything cause you flinch everytime." I have had friend try the pscho thing didn't help.. I know guys that can even set a release trigger with the gun mounted in the shoulder, have to set the trigger then mount the guy, GOD willing I won't go there. CHOOTING from the TROY the SWAMP KING, he be the man!!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid5 View Post
Jeremy: Was it worth giving up the light weight of the factory stock for the Boyd's? I think Boyds stocks are the best thing going for the price. $100 for a stock that makes a butt-ugly rifle look like a real shooter. I think I will get one and try it out. I could probably resale it for $75 if I don't like it.
Dave
I think it was worth it and it doesn't weigh a lot more
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default 17wsm

With my little 2x7 scope I like the way my B-mag looks and I love the light weight.