Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 AM

Default Off Topic - Coopers BBQ, Llano, TX

Just a check to see how many folks have eaten at Coopers BBQ, Llano, Tx?
A close friend of mine, my wife and I journeyed over for lunch to celebrate my "79th birthday." Altho it is 70 miles from my home in Kerrville, every morsel w/make you drool like a dog with a bone. I had a sirloin steak about 3/4" thick
the size of an ol' Army mess kit with a bowl of pinto beans w/jalapeno's & other goodies tossed in. All washed down with cold ice tea and pecan pie for desert. (They also have great BBQ beef ribs, & other assorted meats.) A meal fit for a king.) We try to make the trip at least once a quarter.
Wish it were closer!!!!!!!!! For those who have not eaten at Llano there is non IMHO quite like it. To top it off took a nice long nap. Can't beat that with a stick. A good week end to all! Duane

Last edited by altejaeger; 08-01-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altejaeger View Post
Just a check to see how many folks have eaten at Coopers BBQ, Llano, Tx?
A close friend of mine, my wife and I journeyed over for lunch to celebrate my "79th birthday." Altho it is 70 miles from my home in Kerrville, every morsel w/make you drool like a dog with a bone. I had a sirloin steak about 3/4" thick
the size of an ol' Army mess kit with a bowl of pinto beans w/jalapeno's & other goodies tossed in. All washed down with cold ice tea and pecan pie for desert. (They also have great BBQ beef ribs, & other assorted meats.) A meal fit for a king.) We try to make the trip at least once a quarter.
Wish it were closer!!!!!!!!! For those who have not eaten at Llano there is non IMHO quite like it. To top it off took a nice long nap. Can't beat that with a stick. A good week end to all! Duane
Every time I think I've found the ultimate BBQ place in Texas, I soon find another one that is just as good or better. The quest continues......

That said, Coopers is good BBQ...........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-01-2014, 05:50 AM

Not trying to hijack, but while on the subject: How is Black's BBQ in Lockhart, TX. Was going to order a T-shirt/hat (and maybe some $$ mail-order giant beef ribs) for the grand kid (same last name); but don't want to give them free advertising if they're just "wannabe" BBQ. Did see them on The Travel Channel after all I think, and a good rule of thumb is to stay away if they endorse something....
Old 08-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Supporting Member

i think Black's is excellent BBQ.

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 08-01-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyYates View Post
Not trying to hijack, but while on the subject: How is Black's BBQ in Lockhart, TX. Was going to order a T-shirt/hat (and maybe some $$ mail-order giant beef ribs) for the grand kid (same last name); but don't want to give them free advertising if they're just "wannabe" BBQ. Did see them on The Travel Channel after all I think, and a good rule of thumb is to stay away if they endorse something....
I Don't think there is any "bad" BBQ in Texas. It's all good.

Bob
Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 AM

Default Bar BQ Reviews...

In Dallas we have the king of barbecue reviewers, and he has a website.

http://fcg-bbq.blogspot.com/2008/10/off-bone-bbq.html

Just put the name you are interested in the search box up in the upper left, and he may have already reviewed the place. You can also search by city. Lots of reviews...
Old 08-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Years ago I was visiting Austin . The group I was working with wanted to go to a Barbeque place one evening . I can't remember the name of the Place , but it was right along a River , and it was HOT out . Even so , there were a few guys we could watch who were in a boat fishing . The Brisket which was new to me was incredible , and so were the Sausages and Steak . Wish they had something like that in Pa , or NY State .....and if anyone knows of such a place , please Post the info .