Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ 527 prices

Seems prices are dropping on the CZ 527's. I bought a CZ527 Varmint in 17HH for 576.00 shipped from Buds Gun Shop. Even the 22 Hornets are showing up at 600 or less. I swore I wouldn't buy one when they were going for 700+, held out until Glenrock Blue told me I still had 6-7 weeks on getting my 17HH Martini project back. Heck, I had dies, brass, bullets and nothing to shoot them out of......even that 6-700 price kept me at bay...you know....shipping, FFL charges, etc........576.00 shipped.

sign me, Weak minded in Texas
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 AM

Lower prices may reflect that gun sales may be slowing. CNBC reported in June that year over year gun sales in the U.S. are down almost 10%.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 AM

Lucky bastard.

I ordered mine 2 months ago and i still have to wait 5-6 months before it gets here. Oh and i get to pay $1450. Maybe the 600 mile truck ride to Denmark is more difficult/dangerous compared to a 4000 mile+ plane ride to Texas.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Supporting Member

Good score Chuck.

I need another 17hh, I'll see if my local GS will receive from Buds.

Thank you

Allen

Last edited by hemiallen; 07-18-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ 22Hornet

There are a lot of them on GB for less than that.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=429266215

Buds Gun Shop is 638.00 shipped on the 22 Hornet American, 596.00 on the 17HH American and cheaper on the Varmint. The 17HH's are under the rimfire heading, maybe that's why they aren't moving? Regardless when you factor in shipping that's the cheapest I've found and when your buying something you don't need.....cheaper is good.

What's available for rings, don't like the clunky CZ or Warne Maximas?

Last edited by Chuck Miller; 07-17-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:12 PM

Default cz 527 17 HH

My guess would be that Bud's bought a large quantity of the CZ 17 HH.

After every member here, that wanted one, got one the demand fell off.

I would also guess Buds is lowering the price to dump the 17HH do to slow sales. Lets face it they would not lower the price on a hot seller that was hard to come by. Buds and others are in business to make "money". You don't make money tying up your operating capital with niche firearms that don't sell. Why don't they sell???? "NO AMMO" at a decent price. The customers necessary for a commercial success are not going to line up to shell out 600.00 for a rifle (granted a quality rifle) that has limited versatility and "NO AVAILIBLE AMMO". I know folks here can "make there own" and "the M&P GS down the road has a couple boxes" but that's irrelevant when were talking "Commercial success".

Hornady and the current ammo situation has set the 17 HH up to fail just like Remington did with the 17 FB.

When Buds and others sell down their inventory the price will go back up and sales will fall even further. Orders to CZ will Fall off and they will discontinue them or produce only limited runs just like "they claim" they will do with 17 Rem and 221 FB. In the end prices of available CZ 17HH's will top out at near the cost of a CZ hornet donor action and a custom build.

If you want a CZ 17 HH "BUY IT NOW" or you will pay more later...

I just bought (2) at the cheapest price I've seen and while you can get one.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Supporting Member

Ah, my reading comprehension failed me again, I clicked on my favorite link and hit Able vs Buds....

Thanks Chuck

Allen
Old 07-18-2014, 04:10 PM

Default Seems clear Ammo situation currently is not helping

Momentum has been lost for sure on the 17HH due to lack of availability of ammo and in turn Higher than expected prices of ammo.

Current .17 HH best pricing to be found seems to run $.88 a round

Current .17 FB best pricing to be found seems to run $.94 a round

Current .17 HMR best pricing to be found seems to run $.24 a round

Current .223 best pricing to be found seems to run $.48 a round and less

Little surprise to me that !7 HH Ammo and firearms sales may be currently soft.
Galatians 5:22-23New Living Translation (NLT)

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ rifles

I would agree that the current lack of ammo for some of these chambering's drive the sales into the ground. That's why upon introduction I've always waited for the dust to settle before buying. Availability of brass has never been a deterrent for me, or for a lot of the guys here, since I can make my own. Last swing I did through our Cabelas showed aisles crammed with everything under the sun except 22LR, 221FB, 17FB and reloading components, mainly brass. Good selections of 17HMR,17HM2, 22Mag, in addition to the new 17 Winchester Mag but it was all a little spendy. They had one aisle dedicated to 223 as well as 9mm and 45APC. Nothing in the way of powders though, some of my fav's like RL15, Varget, and 1680 you can forget, still bringing stupid prices on the auction sites. Found a single LB of RL15 the other day at one of my haunts and thought I had won the lottery.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Supporting Member

Thanks again for the heads-up Chuck.

Ordered another Varmint so when my son "borrows" mine I will have one of my own, lol.

If this one isn't as accurate as my current CZ guess which one I get to keep.lol
I also stocked up on one of the last 15 of the CZ green synthetic stocks, just for such an occasion. They look very odd but work well for my genetics.

Thanks

Allen

Last edited by hemiallen; 07-19-2014 at 04:49 AM.