Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 AM
Supporting Member

Now if I could just find a Cooper or Anschutz HM2 to go along with all the ammunition I just bought ��.

Last edited by sdbirddogs; 09-14-2018 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-14-2018, 05:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Carl , ok that helps.

Hope you called Midway and bitched.
IF you call the card carrier and stop payment
on it, it'll cost $20 or more.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 09-15-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Supporting Member

I'll just forget the $2. Larry needs it more than I do. When I hit 65 in 2 years I plan on buying a lifetime senior NRA membership.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
Did not say I never support the NRA. I have given them $$ over the years. Sometimes, they hurt our cause more than help it.

Let's hear it for Larry. Got this email this AM:

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your recent order. I apologize, but we have oversold by 2 of the Primos Gen 3 Trigger Stick Camera Accessory Mount. We have canceled the order and issued a refund in full back to your credit card. I apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

AND

My wife got a notification on our charge card that Midway usa put a $1.00 charge on our card for a mail order/online fee-really? How low can he go?

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Jennifer
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd. | Columbia, MO 65203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
I'll just forget the $2. Larry needs it more than I do. When I hit 65 in 2 years I plan on buying a lifetime senior NRA membership.
So which was it? $1 or $2?

Some credit cards charge a preliminary small dollar amount charge to initially verify the card transaction. That is an individual card company thing and probably has nothing to do with MidwayUSA. After the online sales transaction dollar amount goes through from the vendor, the card is immediately updated to the actual credit card charge. If nothing further happens in terms of a sales charge, the initial charge simply drops off the card after a few days. Its not uncommon.

Either that, or I think its pretty obvious: Larry just hates Carl for some reason.

And as to a Senior Life NRA Membership? Currently the cost is $750 versus $1K for a normal Life membership, IIRC. If you look around, may times the NRA provides a normal Life Membership with the exact same benefits for considerably less money than that. An election year is a time when the NRA typically does things like that to raise additional revenue. Money is needed for lobbying. Its not an NRA thing....its how Washington DC works.

I have no idea if there is a better priced deals available at this time but it might be worth looking at now or in the next couple of months.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 09-14-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: punctuation................
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM

Smile

Priceless.........
Old 09-15-2018, 05:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Awhile back I read up on Larry Potterfield.
It said: "he's worth $8 Billion!

Hell, that's close to Trumps

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 09-15-2018, 06:15 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbirddogs View Post
Now if I could just find a Cooper or Anschutz HM2 to go along with all the ammunition I just bought ��.
How about a nice Kimber...……

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783227253

Aaron
Old 09-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Awhile back I read up on Larry Potterfield.
It said: "he's worth $8 Billion!

Hell, that's close to Trumps
George, that's not too bad for a retired Army private who started his own business from the ground up after his hitch was up. I'm sure he has earned most of it as the retail sports business is a dog-eat-dog world.

I've had a couple of small hiccups with Midway over the years, but they took care of them in a very quick and reasonable fashion. All thing considered for me, they have always been my best source for something I wanted that I couldn't find in my local AO. And I've tried probably all of the similar competition that Larry has had over the years in both the mail order business and the internet business, and I typically go to Midway first if I'm looking for something.

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine