Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
I've watch his stuff on you tube I bet hundreds of times! He does a good job!
Agree and he's as nice a guy as you could ever ask to meet as well.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 PM

Angry 17/22hh

I wrote a letter to Ruger suggesting they make the 77/22 in a Hornet. Their answer was they had no intention of doing any such thing. Three months later they had a picture of a 77/22 with a hornet flying out of the magazine in Rifle magazine.They flashed the picture at the shot show taking orders to see how much interest there would be. Then started production later that year .
Then I wrote to them suggesting they build the 77/22 in left hand and make a blank magazine in Ruger Red. This could be used for kids training shooting at a range and the range officer could see the red mag and know the rifle was safe or to use the rifle as a single shot for parent and kid starting to learn how to handle a firearm. The answer to my letter......"we don't make 22's".
Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshot View Post
I wrote a letter to Ruger suggesting they make the 77/22 in a Hornet. Their answer was they had no intention of doing any such thing. Three months later they had a picture of a 77/22 with a hornet flying out of the magazine in Rifle magazine.They flashed the picture at the shot show taking orders to see how much interest there would be. Then started production later that year .
Then I wrote to them suggesting they build the 77/22 in left hand and make a blank magazine in Ruger Red. This could be used for kids training shooting at a range and the range officer could see the red mag and know the rifle was safe or to use the rifle as a single shot for parent and kid starting to learn how to handle a firearm. The answer to my letter......"we don't make 22's".
I'm guessing that this was in the roughly 1994 time frame when you wrote the letter?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 09-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Banned

Default Hornet

The 77/22 Hornet was featured on the cover of the 1994 catalogue!
Old 09-18-2018, 04:13 PM

Default 77/22h

I wrote the letter right after the 77/22 LR came on the market. Didn't send it. Found it in the summer of 93 . Wrote another letter and included the original letter with it.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Redneck:

thanks for the rimfire priming info.
Always wondered why so many that had been thrown out as duds.
fired in my guns later.

I've kept myself in 22 ammo for years picking them up at the range.
Over 400 rnds most years and that's just what I picked up.

Good post guys, til the crap started! Gary, that was my thought when reading that comment too.

Always heard Rugers 10/22 was as good a gun as made. yet so many after market items drummed up to change it over. Wondered why for years. Never had one and likely never will. Only handled one a grandkid had once. Never shot it.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 09-22-2018, 06:32 PM

I must not be picky enough as I have had pretty good luck with 77/22s. I have the 22LR, 22mag and 22 Hornet. I had and sold a 17HMR because I determined that I had more HMRs than I could justify and the 77/17 found a new home with a very happy buyer at a price that I was happy with. They 77/22s all needed trigger work which is standard with all Rugers IMO. Both the 22mag and the 22 Hornet have seen P-dog action on a couple trips each. Actually quite impressed with what the 22 Hornet will do with a p-dog at 250 yards. The unfortunate part is that the 17HMR and the 17WSM (as well as other calibers) seem to go along more these days.

Always regretted not trying to track down a 17HM2 in the 77/22. Got enough other HM2s that the 77/22 in the 17HM2 was not a priority.

Good luck the new barrel and hope that it solves your accuracy issues.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

Default Ruger

You an 10 million other Americans! I've got 9 or 10 77/rimfires 2 77 Hornets! Never any problems in over 25 years!!! And they shoot with anything in a hunter class!! That's in real life! Not inter groups
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstowater View Post
I must not be picky enough as I have had pretty good luck with 77/22s. I have the 22LR, 22mag and 22 Hornet. I had and sold a 17HMR because I determined that I had more HMRs than I could justify and the 77/17 found a new home with a very happy buyer at a price that I was happy with. They 77/22s all needed trigger work which is standard with all Rugers IMO. Both the 22mag and the 22 Hornet have seen P-dog action on a couple trips each. Actually quite impressed with what the 22 Hornet will do with a p-dog at 250 yards. The unfortunate part is that the 17HMR and the 17WSM (as well as other calibers) seem to go along more these days.

Always regretted not trying to track down a 17HM2 in the 77/22. Got enough other HM2s that the 77/22 in the 17HM2 was not a priority.

Good luck the new barrel and hope that it solves your accuracy issues.
The 77/17HM2 is one of my favorites, I’d get rid of the HMR before the HM2. Maybe check with green mountain to se if they still chamber HM2 barrels for the 77/s?

If not the Remington 504 HM2 is another fine one (if you can find one).
Old 09-23-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
The 77/17HM2 is one of my favorites, I’d get rid of the HMR before the HM2. Maybe check with green mountain to se if they still chamber HM2 barrels for the 77/s?

If not the Remington 504 HM2 is another fine one (if you can find one).
Really don't need one. I've got a couple CZ 17M2s, one in a Varmint and one in an American. Both shoot extremely well. Also, a NIB lowall in a mach 2 that will not get shot. Might have another one that slips my mind so i should be good for a while. Thanks anyway.