Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-12-2016, 04:16 PM

Default Winter?

Gee Doug, just when I've adjusted to the reality of fall being here, you have to go and show us what's in store for us soon here too!

No matter, I love the Four Seasons, and by the time I've tired of whatever season we happen to be in, the next one is right around the corner to change things.

I had Christmas in SDiego once, and wondered why no one seemed to have any Christmas spirit......no snow seemed to be the answer. Can't track a coyote, mulie, or bull elk properly without snow, so why would anyone who likes to hunt go to "warm" places without it? I dunno either.

Great comparison pics amigo! Maybe it'll keep more liberals from moving north when they see what happens to that nice green grass when old man winter moves in.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Supporting Member

Cold, snow removal, heating bills and bung hole puckering while you're driving just knowing some idiot is going to smack into you. When I was young I loved it, now I'm trying my talk my wife into the "snowbird" route. FL after the new year until May 1st?
Old 10-12-2016, 06:55 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Geez Doug you weren't kidding. Not to rub your nose in all that white stuff but we still got Tadpoles racing to the surface for a breath of air. The wife hates snow. I will have to be sure she doesn't see these photos or I will never get out there.
Steve ya gotta put a good spin on it . Tell her how Montana's so spacious that every dog (or collared P-Dog as we call em Reed), has their own toilet carefully crafted in the back yard with a shovel. They hate it when they high-center.

Tell her about how great the highway system is.

Don't mention the house mice that tend to run a little large.

Focus on the positive Stevo! Read Burt's post, "won't have to mow the lawn again", I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I read that! You can do it my man, we're all counting on ya!
MrMajestic, I got a buddy says he's gonna pack everything he owns in a truck and then put a snow-shovel in it upside down and sticking out the top. Then he's gonna drive south till someone points at the snow-shovel and asks,"what's that?" Then he gonna move there! Me, I'm with Rick I like all four seasons.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Supporting Member

Love it MD, gonna use it if don't mind?
Old 10-13-2016, 12:30 AM

Same thing happened on my elk hunt last week, Doug, up in Ft. St. John, B.C. We didn't get out the 4th day - 10" of the white stuff - non - frozen ground - back road to the Crown Land a quagmire of gumbo, a no-go zone unless frozen solid or dry- no middle road, not even for quads. Next day was -4C & more snow - oh well. There's always next year. This was my first hunt since my buddy Brad passed away, 6 years ago. Good to get out though and have a new hunting partner. Still got another month here at home - might get out for some chickens with the .410. I'll pack the 12 bore rifle in the truck just in case I see something larger. No snow here yet - tried and frosty mornings. Frost on the grass all day, even with the sun. I think maybe winter is going to settle in.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:08 PM

It will warm up enough for the p dogs to show up. Some of the best shooting we have had was a few days after a 15 inch May snow storm. Man that was fun. P dogs standing on the mounds and snow everywhere else. Literally set up shooting benches in the snow. Caveat, it was warming up and not cooling down.

Hope you get some shooting it before the loooong Montana winter sets in although it shouldn't be too bad in Bozeman from what I understand.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Supporting Member

very nice Doug. While we rarely move the needle of of 70 year round. I could get used to that greenery and white stuff.

ML
Old 10-13-2016, 04:29 PM

Default Hope you get a wolf Doug

Glad you are pepared to do so.Take enough gun
Just in case you see an ole grizz
Matt