Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 AM

Default Another new powder- Accurate TCM and 11FS

http://www.accuratepowder.com/produc...25&product=TCM

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-con...d_data_TCM.pdf

http://www.accuratepowder.com/products/handgun/

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-con..._data_11FS.pdf

Both might be of use to the small caliber crowd, mag pistol type powders. 11FS looks to be really bulky with losta flash suppressants.

Last edited by GrocMax; 04-19-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Supporting Member

I have a nice 22 TCM rifle I built -- not the factory bolt action. I had checked all the reloading info and could not find a powder for reloading that would reproduce the muzzle velocity that the factory 22 TCM could do. At the time nobody seemed to know what was in the factory TCM cases. Maybe now there is a factory produced powder that is what Armscor is using in their cartridges and I might be able to get a few more good accurate FPS out of my reloads. I just noticed it starting to show up at some of the on-line reloading sites -- maybe I'll be able to find it at a gun show.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22_boomer View Post
I have a nice 22 TCM rifle I built -- not the factory bolt action. I had checked all the reloading info and could not find a powder for reloading that would reproduce the muzzle velocity that the factory 22 TCM could do. At the time nobody seemed to know what was in the factory TCM cases. Maybe now there is a factory produced powder that is what Armscor is using in their cartridges and I might be able to get a few more good accurate FPS out of my reloads. I just noticed it starting to show up at some of the on-line reloading sites -- maybe I'll be able to find it at a gun show.
What sort of velocity do you get out of factory ammo in your particular rifle? Have you tried LilGun? I agree that the velocities you can get with various 40gr bullets seem to be slow, but with 30 and 35gr bullets and LilGun, you can go upwards of 3100fps easily.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Supporting Member

Thx for posting this.I found it interesting that they developed & released a 22-TCM specific reloading powder...even named it TCM. Very cool & I'll be interested to find out folks results as I build up my brass stash.

....ZBROJOVKA.......BRNO
Old 04-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Supporting Member

22 Boomer

If you will provide the following info,
I'll run a QL estimate to find powers that will you some results to try.

1. Bbl length from bolt face to end of bbl,
2. H2o capacity of your fired case, not resized,
3. Total overall length of loaded case with bullet you want to use.

These estimates will be the lowest/safest starting loads.
You have to work up from there.

HTH,

Tia,
Don
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions."
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungheap View Post
What sort of velocity do you get out of factory ammo in your particular rifle? Have you tried LilGun? I agree that the velocities you can get with various 40gr bullets seem to be slow, but with 30 and 35gr bullets and LilGun, you can go upwards of 3100fps easily.
The Berger 30gr and Hornady 35gr V-max are my "Go To" bullets right now although I can do long bullets but I must change to a different magazine. Lil' Gun is my "Go To" powder for this round right now but I may try to find some of that Accurate TCM powder and see if it's better. I tried to shoot the factory 22 Tcm ammo but since my rifle is an AR the big lead nose can get dinged easy and mess with the accuracy. I like playing with this round since it's easy to work with when reloading.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvreloader View Post
22 Boomer

If you will provide the following info,
I'll run a QL estimate to find powers that will you some results to try.

1. Bbl length from bolt face to end of bbl,
2. H2o capacity of your fired case, not resized,
3. Total overall length of loaded case with bullet you want to use.

These estimates will be the lowest/safest starting loads.
You have to work up from there.

HTH,

Tia,
Don
Sorry Don but my digital scale died on me over a year ago so I can't give you a measurement of the water capacity of the factory 22 TCM case. By the way, there is a difference between reformed .223 brass and the factory 22 tcm brass with the factory having more capacity. I tried looking the capacity up on line but had no luck. Maybe somebody here, that shoots the 22 tcm, can get a water weight capacity measurement of the factory case. My barrel length is 16.25" long to the bolt face.