Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Supporting Member

Default Bug

Kenny, they still make them and even have out a 2.0 version.
Was curious so I Googled it up and found a bunch of paces that have them for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1620209...&ul_noapp=true
Old 04-25-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in VA View Post
Kenny, they still make them and even have out a 2.0 version.
Was curious so I Googled it up and found a bunch of paces that have them for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1620209...&ul_noapp=true
Having two boys (12 & 13), I have looked at these for a few years. What has held me back are a bunch of reviews that lead me to believe they often break after little use. That, and the wife being reluctant to have salt everywhere in the house. For outside, I think you guys are better off working on your 'custom' loads. Although no fun at all, we use Tempo SC Ultra to keep the bugs out and away from the house. Has a good residual effect, we usually spray once or twice each Spring and again in the Fall.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:15 PM

CO2 air guns also work on wasps, without projectiles, just dry-firing. The CO2 blast is heavy and usually disintegrates the wasp. Range is limited, of course. PCP air rifles do not work, even the high powered ones, but the CO2, even from the Fienwerkbau #2 air pistol worked well on wasps.

We sat a beer can 1/2 full of beer on the table and blast the wasps when the come in to land, or even just off the lid. Pieces.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:01 PM

[quote=Daryl;238943]CO2 air guns also work on wasps, without projectiles, just dry-firing. The CO2 blast is heavy and usually disintegrates the wasp. Range is limited, of course. PCP air rifles do not work, even the high powered ones, but the CO2, even from the Fienwerkbau #2 air pistol worked well on wasps.

We sat a beer can 1/2 full of beer on the table and blast the wasps when the come in to land, or even just off the lid. Pieces.[/

Head, neck, or heart and lung shot?
Ken.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:43 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
What do you make wads out of? I got a supply of thin plastic discs from a neighbor that used to load snake loads. They work great, but I only have a hundred or so left.
Well I hate to say this cause sometimes I just do things I think about and it might not be the correct thing to do.

So I used the last page of legal pad and was looking at the card board backing thinking that could be my wad for my shot column. But how to make the circles??? Got the chamfer tool out and chamfered a case until it was sharp on the edge. Then with s small mallet I kept banging away until I filled the case up.
Important to have the primer out and something small in diameter to push them out with.

The sand sounds ok if using a shot-shell capsule.