Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-26-2016, 03:59 PM

Default CA? Never Again!

Although I'm a native Canadian, now a US citizen, I lived in the CA bay area after the war for a number of years. Back in 1972 I saw the writing on the wall, left CA and retreated back to BC and worked in the northern logging camps for a number of years until all the rain dampened my spirits (like 150"+ a year ) I could not use my VA benefits up there either.

I landed here in central Oregon in 1975 when the town was 15K population; perfect for my purposes. When visiting my dad in CA soon thereafter, I was stunned at what had happened in that short time. The traffic alone was horrendous, let alone the liberal anti-gun attitude that had taken over.

After 40+ years of living here, the town has grown too much for my tastes, and the primary pollution is from the Cally transplants who bring their liberal attitudes, idiot teenagers with the city mentality, and purchase land for their zillion dollar homes that infringe on the deer and elk habitat. They're easy to spot, driving their Range Rovers, BMW's and Mercedes, when most native residents here drive 4x4 trucks.

We used to have signs at the CA/OR border that read: "Welcome to Oregon, a nice place to visit, but don't plan to stay". We need those signs back! The most popular bumper sticker here now is "Don't Californicate Oregon!"
Old 04-26-2016, 07:27 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Acker View Post
Take a close look at the politicians that are are screwing up Cal and you will see A group of transplanted Easterners--Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi etc. After they they could no longer stand what they created in the east they moved out west and started all over. And, unfortunately, for those who believe you can escape to Idaho, they will follow. In fact it has already started and if you don't believe it just ask the natives what they think of their wealthy new neighbors from California.
Bob
what happens in CA is making its way across the US. We are out voted and out funded by those that seem to thiunk they know better than we do. When you a minority you can only do so much.

Hunting participation in California currently sits at less than 1 percent as only 272,229 hunting licenses were issued last year. A report also noted 608,455 Californians had hunting licenses 40 years ago. The current population of California totals nearly 40 million people.

if you think we stand a chance of turning the tide aginst hunters/ gun owners you are only fooling yourself.

ML
Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Supporting Member

Funny thing is, when folks move out of California, they take their opinions and their liberal ideas with them. Look at Colorado. More liberal thinking!!
Move to Oregon and all you got was higher property prices and higher taxes. BIG sign at the Cal/Ore border. Welcome to Oregon. Now go home!!
Society as a whole had gone liberal. "You can't do that to him. It would be against his constitutional rights".
Getting rid of the lifetime politicians would be a BIG step in the right direction.
Don't like what's going on? Write to your Congressman. You think he/she really cares??? Too busy counting his ill gained $$ and seeing how much power he's/she's gained. But they WILL send you a form letter.
When they speak you know they're lying, their lips are moving.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Supporting Member

exactly.. Being i'm quoite far from a liberal I have no liberal ideals I just want to be left alone to do what i want without the government intruding. I'll fit in great in a one the few free states left.

I do agree with what has happened in CO/OR is due to thouse that move and want to make their new home the same craphole they just left....

ML
Old 04-27-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Acker View Post
Take a close look at the politicians that are are screwing up Cal and you will see A group of transplanted Easterners--Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi etc. After they they could no longer stand what they created in the east they moved out west and started all over. And, unfortunately, for those who believe you can escape to Idaho, they will follow. In fact it has already started and if you don't believe it just ask the natives what they think of their wealthy new neighbors from California.
Bob
This is exactly right, as a Cop in NC we had an influx of Vietnamese immigrants from California, moved their kids away from the Gangs, BOOM, gang activity exploded over night. Their Kids were the gangs. Same with the Politics.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Supporting Member

A little OT but, being born and raised in the East San Francisco Bar area, I've seen it all. When they wanted to ship my 6 year old across town to an all black school when we lived one block from her school, my eyes were opened.
Finally got smart and moved "up north" in 1970.
You can still see the folks that have moved from the "City". The Beemer and Land Rover bunch. Still drive like they're in the City and trying to kill each other.
Talking about transplants? Ever hear a born and raised China man with a southern (you-all) accent? Now THAT'S funny.

The U.S has gone liberal, BIG TIME!! Reminds me of the frog and the cooking pot. Start off with cold water and turn on the fire. By the time it's boiling, it's too late.
I WILL keep MY powder dry!! Plus everything is locked and loaded.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:32 PM

THEY - are hoping the same thing - encroaching changes, will happen with the influx of Islam along with forced student indoctrination in Islam in the elementary schools - mandatory ISLAM lessons & classes along with prayers to Allah in elementary schools. THAT is happening already in the USA & I expect will start soon in Canada as well.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:45 PM

Amazing Daryl that they envoke seperation of church and state (not in the Constitution) if it's anything Christian but everything is permitted and encouraged if it's Islam so our children can learn tolerance........ It isn't even a double standard anymore but straight out attack on Christianity.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 04-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Supporting Member

The funny thing is, when I was a kid, it was "Welcome to California, Now Go Home".

As stated by Bob, the Easterners started coming here years ago and pushed their ideals on us. A large percentage of the politicians in higher office here in CA were either born in the San Francisco Bay Area (VERY "East Coast" liberal mindset), or born in the North East USA (New York, etc). Add to it the invasion from the south (who need the liberal policies to survive/thrive) and this State was doomed.

Unfortunately, every state has their "California" city. Idaho has Boise and Texas has Austin. Ironically, a few years ago, Texas was advertising all over our talk radio stations in Los Angeles, for businesses to move there and enjoy what the state had to offer. When those enticed companies moved, they took a lot of liberals with them (tech companies are a great example).

Eric
Old 04-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post
.... Ironically, a few years ago, Texas was advertising all over our talk radio stations in Los Angeles, for businesses to move there and enjoy what the state had to offer. When those enticed companies moved, they took a lot of liberals with them (tech companies are a great example).

Eric

Toyota was headquartered in Torrance And they are moving several hundred employees to TX and selling the office space. Good work CA You chased another one out.

ML