Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2016, 03:08 PM

I was born a raised in CA (Stockton) and when I left to join the Army I never went back except to visit the parents. I am in AZ now and enjoy my freedoms. I have a buddy who still lives in Stockton and is a custom rifle maker (believe it or not) and I am constantly amazed he is still there?
Old 04-24-2016, 03:30 PM
Supporting Member

Did some tractor work for a fella and he says "my neighbor is interested in some work too" so I talked to the neighbor, who'd moved in from CA. We talk and I asked where I could park it and get started the next day. "Oh, just leave the key in it. My Mexican will move it if it's in the way".
Right. Probably be "in the way" all night long.
And where did you buy "your Mexican". Thought that got settled around 1865.

Point I'm making is CA problems are self made, and moving to another state without a change in viewpoint doesn't fix it.

Folks where ever don't earn CA wages and the lifestyle goes down accordingly. Guy moved here owed a string of businesses in South Bay, tried to run them over the phone. Didn't fly. Moved back after a few years.
I made a conscious decision not to live in CA even though it probably docked my lifetime earnings by quite a bit. (Work was overseas, places no tourist in their right mind would go). Kept getting love letters from the Franchise Tax Board telling me I was an honorary resident for tax purposes. Believe it or not the legislature finally told to stop shaking down non-residents who worked for world wide companies HQ in CA.

Good luck and keep an open mind.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
Point I'm making is CA problems are self made, and moving to another state without a change in viewpoint doesn't fix it.

Unless your viewpoints never have aligned with the leftist commie idiots in the first place.

There are still good people in this place, the problem is that we are VASTLY outnumbered by the idiots, elitists, democraps, and handout kings and queens.

There will always be the people that will complain, move, and immediately try and transform their new residence into the same $#!* hole that they crawled out of.

Unfortunately all Californians get labeled as such......IE...I will not sell to Ca....only punishes the individuals who support the same liberties as the ones who refuse to do business with them....Hypocrites!

I`m stuck here for another 13 years, kid in school, union job, age needed for pension.

Trust me, the plans are already in motion to get out and never look back.

Phil.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Supporting Member

Phillip/ Eric we might as well be nieghbors, in ID, might be able to get Drew to follow too.

ML
Old 04-26-2016, 02:40 AM
Supporting Member

Sounds good to me Mike.......
Old 04-26-2016, 02:59 AM

Wink Native Point of View

When ever My Son in Law's Dad, a multi generation Idaho farmer, talks to someone traveling out of the State he says " Be sure to tell every one how bad Idaho Sucks"
Old 04-26-2016, 04:44 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
Unless your viewpoints never have aligned with the leftist commie idiots in the first place.

There are still good people in this place, the problem is that we are VASTLY outnumbered by the idiots, elitists, democraps, and handout kings and queens.

There will always be the people that will complain, move, and immediately try and transform their new residence into the same $#!* hole that they crawled out of.

Unfortunately all Californians get labeled as such......IE...I will not sell to Ca....only punishes the individuals who support the same liberties as the ones who refuse to do business with them....Hypocrites!

I`m stuck here for another 13 years, kid in school, union job, age needed for pension.

Trust me, the plans are already in motion to get out and never look back.

Phil.
Yep. I have never aligned myself with the beliefs of the liberal population here in CA.

I'll be in the Nampa/Middleton area come Fall, so if anyone is heading up there, feel free to shoot me a message. I am also one of the sponsors of the Idaho Varmint Hunters, so I'll be at their monthly meetings in Meridian once I am up there.

Eric
Old 04-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Supporting Member

eric Think we will plan a trip to ID this fall.

ML
Old 04-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Supporting Member

Texas is a red state with a blue dot located around Austin. Guess why and where most of the transplants come from? They say they come "for a better life". A native Austin resident would likely say "Its to try to change the world outside of California for the better".

My oldest son lives in a NW suburb of Austin tucked against the Hill Country and the one neighbor who has never been a part of the close knit neighborhood group on their street is a Cally transplant who happens to have a law degree. The perfect combination.

It helps to keep the "Keep Austin Weird" slogan alive and well.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Take a close look at the politicians that are are screwing up Cal and you will see A group of transplanted Easterners--Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi etc. After they they could no longer stand what they created in the east they moved out west and started all over. And, unfortunately, for those who believe you can escape to Idaho, they will follow. In fact it has already started and if you don't believe it just ask the natives what they think of their wealthy new neighbors from California.
Bob