Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Yea, I'm used to hearing that "proof of purchase by the original buyer" by A LOT of different companies, for a lot of different things. Personally I'm pretty fussy about hanging onto my receipts and the original packing, etc, so it's not a concern to me......but 2 hours waiting on the phone to get service?

Man, is that some management that's really lacking or what!

I'll add Weaver to Burris for two really crappy companies to avoid.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM

Roger, As an FYI, Weaver moved recently. I'm not sure if the service facility moved as well but everything was in a state of flux earlier this year. You could not buy a new target Weaver for love nor money a couple months back.
The phone deal has always been like that , but if you try 2-3 times you get a helpfull human. The backup though has been pretty good however.Last year just before our IR50/50 season started I had a problem with a T36 and sent it back with a note indicating the scope was needed ASAP for upcomming competition. 2/1/2 weeks lated they sent me back a factory fresh new glass because they said the turn-around time was longer and they wanted me to have the scope for the initial matches, pretty good customer service IMHO.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK View Post
Again, playing devils advocate. Weaver says they are warranted to the orginal owner. Without a sales receipt how do they know you are the original owner? If you buy a busted, 30 year old, Weaver at a flea market for $2, do you think the current management should repair or replace it?

I figure half or 2/3s of the price of a new Leupold is to pay for the warranty. If you want that kind of insurance it is probably a good deal.

I still say the Weavers are a good value for the money. You can bet I will be saving those receipts and I realize it will cause a big hit on resale value.
Leupold would.................
had a manufacture try pulling this crap on me once, went to the nearest office supply store and bought a packet of receipt books , filled one out and sent it in, repairs done , a lot of small stores still aren't computerized.
typed in the name of a sporting goods store I knew went out of business 4 years prior, dated it prior to it closing, let them check that one out, they won't, can't and didn't.

spent 35 years managing retail establishments, recently ran into this with Target, they will not take anything back even with a receipt after 90 days even with a life time warranty.
solution, walked in bought another one just like it on my credit card, three days later took the one they refused to refund or exchange back with the receipt, no problem, refund to my credit card with a smile and a thank you.
just the way my brain is hard wired.

remember work smart not hard, some time we make thing harder than they need be.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Supporting Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhunter View Post
recently ran into this with Target, they will not take anything back even with a receipt after 90 days even with a life time warranty.
solution, walked in bought another one just like it on my credit card, three days later took the one they refused to refund or exchange back with the receipt, no problem, refund to my credit card with a smile and a thank you.
just the way my brain is hard wired.

HA! Good one Bob....
.... I pulled almost the same thing with Target early this summer to get them to pony up on there end of the bergin for the pleasure of doing business with them.

Larry
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Supporting Member

I don't shop at Target for various reasons, their complicated return policy as mentioned, plus and more importantly the politics of the owners (personal opinion). Same way I quit Ben & Jerry's (as painful as that was) for their position on gun control. Their power comes from my money.
Larry's right Bob, you are a clever one .
Old 07-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
I don't shop at Target for various reasons, their complicated return policy as mentioned, plus and more importantly the politics of the owners (personal opinion).
Doug, does that mean that Target is anti-gun?????

If so then they will go on my "do not do business with" list too. I don't buy Levi Jeans, or Levi brand anything any more because of that and have found I like Wranglers better any way.

Larry
Old 07-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Supporting Member

This is what I read which hit close to ho home for me personally, plus which as mentioned they are real butt heads on returning merchandise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

"We received the following reply from the local TARGET management:
"Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts,
social action groups, gay &lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in
general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really
wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars,
not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and
their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to
collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent
Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were
called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they
were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned
Corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then
why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard
earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France. Without
the American Vets, where would France be today?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I read and as they are more obstinate to do business with than others any way I've never been back. Their return policy would be enough to stop me in and of itself.

Last edited by montdoug; 07-24-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Supporting Member

Default Urban Legend?

Doug: I'm quite sure Target's position on Veterans, the military, and even Santa Claus have all been proven as urban legends (try Snopes.com).

Now if they are owned by the French, that's a good reason to stay away...

Greg
Old 07-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Supporting Member

I'll go there, sure wouldn't want to bad rap someone for a falsehood. What about the Toy's for Tot's thing? I heard that like gospel (which doesn't always make it so). I wonder why someone would make something like that up? Thanks Greg.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Supporting Member

Mike I guess you didn't read the two posts immediately before yours.