Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Here in NJ we drive over to the local firehouse, walk in and vote and walk out. Takes a whole 5 minutes. Open from 7am to 10pm.

The only escuse here to not vote is you don't give a hoot.
In Florida we can get Absentee Ballots mailed to our house. All we need to do is fill it out and add the postage and mail it back. We have a fair amount of time to fill it out so we can check up on stuff like the stupid amendments that people try to stick us with.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
That is were you are misleaded Hog. The sale of your house is included in your yearly income. So if you have an anual income of 50k and sell your house for 151k you pay.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but this is easy to understand.
Stevo, just passing on the facts. Read that link, it explains in detail how much you have to earn and the rate you would be subject to. The statement that it is a blanket tax on ALL home sales is false. As to your other post, I know a lot of young people that make good money and do NOT have ANY health insurance but they have fancy new cars and the payments and insurance to go with them. They cannot be turned away if in need of medical attention. Who pays for them when they are hurt?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM

I guess it's a little reassuring to know that 3 posters up to this point have bothered to get the real facts on the "3.8% tax on real estate", and/or the "theft of 750 billion from Medicare" by Obama. Kinda scary that so many believe otherwise.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 PM

i don't know what to believe from the gov't on this. remember, this was passed without any known elected representive having read it. it is unreasonable to believe that 40 million new people can be added to the rolls for less money. i just returned from having an expensive liver test done because my doctor suspected there might be a problem....there was. but here is something to think about...the medical complex i went to will not accept medicare; which is the trend now. my doctor told me that without quality insurance, he can not order the kind of tests i received. medicare will not pay for it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Sorry, Rick, but I'm ON SS and just received the notice I mentioned IN THE MAIL LAST WEEK from the SS Administration! It is about the third one that I've received with THOSE figures on it! Snopes is a liberal, half-arsed outfit that is wrong about half of the time anymore! They DO cover for the nappy head squirreled away in the White House, too! Your figures for 2013/2014 are incorrect because the main theme of the notice I received was to inform me that starting in January, 2013, my Medicare deduction goes to $124.00 per month, up from the $99.00 I'm paying this year!

Last edited by darrel; 09-10-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 AM

Why is it that not only do I have to watch the political commercials when I try to watch TV that now I have to see the same on my gun website. Oh, that's right, I have an option not to view the s---. Thank God, my blood is easily boiled.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdown View Post
Why is it that not only do I have to watch the political commercials when I try to watch TV that now I have to see the same on my gun website. Oh, that's right, I have an option not to view the s---. Thank God, my blood is easily boiled.
I agree. This is not a forum for political discourse. This thread should have been locked immediately. How 'bout it Saubier?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 AM

Default I agree

+100, there are a million other places this can go on, but please, not here.
Closed Thread