Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-16-2018, 04:36 PM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up New Reloading Manual

Some of you might understand why I want it in my collection and why it’s a must have for me when I tell you that while checking out, there is a box for additional instructions... So I requested the authors autograph prior to mailing it out Made my day!

I just ordered mine at this link!

https://www.westernpowders.com/index...product_id=171

FYI Athough he may have been a little embarrassed, he agreed to my request prior to placing my order.

Edit might need to click on the photo, then enlarge the photo and carefully look at the bottom right side.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-16-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:58 PM

Default New Reloading Manual

Looks like it might be a good one, with a lot more of the various brands of powder being listed in the cartridge listings. I like a variety in the loads listed, but I can understand why most manuals favor their line of powder and show mostly or just theirs. Bill K
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Supporting Member

Gary,
I found out by accident that Mr. Rob worked there by sending an email with questions about loads. Great guy and they are fortunate to have him.
Drew
Old 01-16-2018, 05:35 PM

I have one on the way!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
Gary,
I found out by accident that Mr. Rob worked there by sending an email with questions about loads. Great guy and they are fortunate to have him.
Drew
Yes they are fortunate Drew!

Don’t remember how or why but I was in contact with Rob when he first started this new adventure. Guys like him help made Cooper great.

I am looking forward to seeing this Manual, it’ll be the first I purchased other than my Hornady manuals. (There’s guys there who I should have gotten there John Henry)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Supporting Member

Gary you might not believe this but immediately before opening the Site here I was talking to Rob on the phone and ended up ordering the Manual. I have a lot of older hardback loading manuals and I figured this oughta make a great addition. I especially like the fact they include some of the wildcats in the data.
Bill you asked a good question and I gotta tell ya that I'd rather they just show their own powders as opposed to say Hodgdon that shows a lotta powders but in every instance theirs is the best . Besides, usually I look at all the books to decide what they all recommend and then decide where to start. Actually, the best books are frequently the bullet makers book cause they got no dog in the fight on the powders.
Mostly, with the stuff we shoot a guys sorta on his own, I kinda like that part .
Old 01-16-2018, 06:42 PM

Bah, not available in Canada or other international orders. I agree with Doug on using the bullet makers books for the very reason he cited. Also for me it depends on what I have on hand at the moment. Likely try what I have than go and buy what the book says is the most accurate - we all know how that goes. Most accurate in their equipment isn't necessarily the most accurate in mine..
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 PM
Supporting Member

yes Doug, Rob mentioned that. What do they say about great minds lol

That’s too bad GW that they won’t ship out if country. Maybe Doug or myself or jdunham can report back and let ya know how we like it and if you’re missing out on much.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t have a very current revision of any load manual. Most manufactures have online manuals (many Interactive) and I perfer the electronic versions. At one time I was wondering how they can keep offering the hard covers FS and if anyone is actually purchasing them.

Well it wasn’t long ago and I was searching the net for some load data and wasn’t content... Even blew the cob webs off my old pc and still not content. Last resort I blow the dust off my old Hornady manual and to my surprise was hand written notes and info from longer ago that I had forgotten all about.

Seems to me the old hard back has its place, a little more personal.

I wasn’t looking for a load manual and wouldn’t have even gave this one a second look but that authors name on the book immediately let me know there was value in this book without even seeing what’s in it.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
yes Doug, Rob mentioned that. What do they say about great minds lol

That’s too bad GW that they won’t ship out if country. Maybe Doug or myself or jdunham can report back and let ya know how we like it and if you’re missing out on much.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t have a very current revision of any load manual. Most manufactures have online manuals (many Interactive) and I perfer the electronic versions. At one time I was wondering how they can keep offering the hard covers FS and if anyone is actually purchasing them.

Well it wasn’t long ago and I was searching the net for some load data and wasn’t content... Even blew the cob webs off my old pc and still not content. Last resort I blow the dust off my old Hornady manual and to my surprise was hand written notes and info from longer ago that I had forgotten all about.

Seems to me the old hard back has its place, a little more personal.

I wasn’t looking for a load manual and wouldn’t have even gave this one a second look but that authors name on the book immediately let me know there was value in this book without even seeing what’s in it.
Yeah it's a bummer. That would be like rubbing salt in a wound wouldn't it? Tell me on all that I'm missing out on - ha! The most current book I have is the Berger book, I also use mostly internet listings if I don't have a load worked up already.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Supporting Member

lol or what you’re not.... no salt intended.