Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Supporting Member

While yer dreaming it'd be great if you could dream me up the .222 they chamber only have it made in the same HS Precision, Kevlar stock with the aluminum bedding block that they called their "Varmint Kevlar" when it first came out years back. I'd be all over that like a duck on a June Bug !
Never had a Triple Duce .

As to the barrel on the .221, I prefer a muzzle heavy feel for off hand so I sure wouldn't mind a heavier contour either but shooting gophers, p-dogs etc out of pickup truck windows as we do out here I like the 22 inch length. Amazingly (to me at least), I'm loading .3 grains back of a max load out of the Accurate reloading manual and 40 grain V-Max's are clocking 3,550ish FPS with zero pressure signs.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:29 AM

Put my deposit on 2 up here in Canada! A CZ527 in 221Fireball new and for sale up here is like finding a unicorn, that can speak English. Heck that goes for used and abused too. No one seems to part with them. Pretty excited to say the least

Joe
Old 03-03-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwd800 View Post
Put my deposit on 2 up here in Canada! A CZ527 in 221Fireball new and for sale up here is like finding a unicorn, that can speak English. Heck that goes for used and abused too. No one seems to part with them. Pretty excited to say the least

Joe
Ha me too, just emailed clay at p/river.
And I am in New Zealand at moment, back in Canada in May.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:34 PM

There's one new and one used Rem700 X 221 Fireballs on Gunbroker.
New one is# 543647950
Ken.
Ps. Cabela's have a used Rem 700LS.

Last edited by kenbro; 03-03-2016 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Ps
Old 03-09-2016, 09:51 PM

Did anybody receive one of these the past week or so? How was it?
Old 03-10-2016, 01:33 AM

Well, I'll just update on my experience:

The gun went back to Whittaker's. I did not accept it at my FFL. The gun arrived with no blueing in areas on the barrel and receiver. It was down to shiny silver steel. The barrel was also quite a bit off centered in the barrel channel. Completely unacceptable. Not sure what's going on with CZ right now, but the boys over at Rimfire Central have been complaining a lot too.

The bare metal was not a sign of rubbing during shipment either. My dealer and I both agreed on that.

The wood was OK, but nothing special. No flaws in it.

Whittaker's is going to make it right if they get another shipment, so kudos to them. No issue there! I'm disappointed at the moment though, I've been wanting that gun for a few years.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Don't suppose you took any photos of this rifle, I'm sure some of us would love to see the flaws you describe.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:51 AM

No pics. I was too busy trying to get ahold of Whittaker's.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyYates View Post
I frankly never cared for the light, short barrel on my C-Z Fireball, even for light-duty groundhog shooting here. Grudgingly sold it for an LVSF and a Cooper; miss the set trigger, detachable mag - and price - of the C-Z, though. Wonder what the chances are of C-Z doing a special run with maple stocks and .221-chambered barrels from their (.22 centerfire) Lux models? Just dreaming...
Years back I picked up a LVSF in 221 Fireball ... long story with a flood involved ... couldn't deal with the flexible synthetic stock and the random POI.

Replaced it with a Boyd's Thumbhole Laminate. The rigid stock was just what it needed.

This was the result of an off-hand kneeling shot at 97 yards. Should have turned him over. In one ear and out the other. One of three hogs shot on my property. I'm too diligent.

Last edited by flashhole; 03-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Thanks for telling folks George. Not to try and get anyone to buy anything they don't need but I gotta say that my 527 American in .221 is one of the few bone stock rat smackers I shoot regularly. This little critter shoots so well with Accurate 1680 and 40 grain V-Max's that I could see no earthly reason to alter it even on those truly boring days. I always thought the .221 should be in a Rifle from the first XP100 I bought new in the box for about a $100.00, my 527 proved I was right all along. LOVE It .

Here's George's link to your new rifle .

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/cz-527-...-cz-usa-03023/
What about the .221 Fireball makes it so great? I have a 17 Fireball now and have a chance at a local Cooper in .221 Fireball. When I ran JBM Ballistics on the 221 with a 40 VMax and the 17 with a 20 VMax, it looks like the 17 shoots a lot flatter.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.