Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Supporting Member

I think the $700 figure you mentioned is about right.

You might give him another 100 or two since you talked him into it to start with.

You are twice what a gunshop would pay for it.

Any time you have something done to a factory rifle the value decreases.

At Greg's prices now the better deal would be a custom action that don't

require all that fartin around to make it shoot.

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicero View Post
I think the $700 figure you mentioned is about right.

You might give him another 100 or two since you talked him into it to start with.

You are twice what a gunshop would pay for it.

Any time you have something done to a factory rifle the value decreases.

At Greg's prices now the better deal would be a custom action that don't

require all that fartin around to make it shoot.
I like your style, Kenny....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 02-13-2017, 03:55 PM

Default Changing Rifle Ownership.....

Doug,

You hit on a great subject!

This Thread has some great material on issues we all have dealt with when buying and selling firearms....throw in a little emotion of dealing with a friend and what the "Home Fire Tender" thinks/does when she hears about it, is quite educational....

Trying to negotiate between the rifle owner and the rifle buyer, is an age-old activity of bartering that most purchases we make today are devoid! This is one of the main reasons I would miss traditional Gun Shows! The Art of the Deal is so powerful! It is a fun activity just to watch-two individuals expressing their case-as to why the other should move their price in the RIGHTdirection!

I have great respect for Gun Smiths that look at their trade as a True Profession, and then apply themselves and their tools & equipment with the pride of Craftsmanship that comes from a deep commitment of affection and creativity! They walk a fine line on what they can charge and still stay busy!

If the only complaint of a product/service one receives, is one of price, in today's market, this is quite a compliment. The true cost of anything we have invested in, is its return on Performance, Quality and Longevity!

That being said, and all things considered in your scenario, $700 sounds fair....just don't offer that on my Greg Tannel 17 AH I have listed in the Classifieds!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Lot of Wisdom in these Posts!

Thanks Doug!

Bill
Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Daryl if I offered my friend $300 for that rifle he'd think I was trying to hose him, but only cause I would be . Ya missed the part where I said I wanna be fair "to both of us" . I like the way you think though .
Whenever I've sold rifles to my friends, I under-price them drastically - afterall, they are my friends. The only stickler being, that if they every want to sell them, I get first crack and at the price originally sold.

This works both ways, but then, I've known, shot beside and hunted with these guys for over 40 years.

Case in point, was my L1 .222 Sako Varmint rig with 8-32 M4200 in Sako rings - $450.00 was the selling price - I now have it back.
I will not sell it again for such a price.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
For me, Doug - $300.00 to $500.00 dies included would work - of course, the closer to $300.00, the better.
I don't have a problem with the 10" twist as it will still run laser flat 20gr. Vmax's at about 4,200fps, and 25 Hornady's fast enough for them to work on coyotes.
Daryl, you and I both live in Canada, and we cannot buy a Cz rimfire in 452 in the $300- $500 price range, no dies requires.... SX