Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Supporting Member

Default Weaver repairs Heads up

Guys,

If you have to return a Weaver scope for repairs, make sure you call them at the number listed at their website. Their mailing address has changed several times in the last 20 years and you don't want to end up with a returned package and waste the postage because it was undeliverable at an address they no longer occupy. You will need a RA # from them also...........

Aaron
Old 02-16-2017, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

I do have a few questions about their services.

Do they really need the original receipt in order to honor warranty repairs.

At this point in the "scope game" that is OLD SCHOOL warranty service.

I was just wondering. Yes, I know what there warranty policy states. Just wonder if they really "care" about the original owner receipt as stated in their policy.

Seems to me they would sell more scopes if they adopted the "no fault" warranty that most all competitive scope makers have and had have for over 10 years now.

Any insight into this since you have made contact with them recently?

THanks for any info you can provide.

I only care because I have a 6-20 Grand Slam (that I bought second hand). Hope I never need warranty work, but, you never know.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:59 PM
Supporting Member

After talking to one of their techs, this is what he told me. I did not need my original receipt. I do not need to send the $15.00 return postage fee. He stated the "new owner" has changed company policy to be much more in line with other scope manufacturers. I returned a T36 that wouldn't hold a zero. The rifle it was on took a tumble. It didn't bend the tube but it will not hold zero. My scope is 90's vintage, not that it mattered. Hope this gives you a bit of insight..........

Aaron

Last edited by long shot; 02-16-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Supporting Member

I have an old Weaver scope. It is cloudy and yellow. No one can repair it, and for that reason, I have never bought any more Weaver products. The new owners walked away from support on the stuff sold before they took over. They're no Leupold.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
I have an old Weaver scope. It is cloudy and yellow. No one can repair it, and for that reason, I have never bought any more Weaver products. The new owners walked away from support on the stuff sold before they took over. They're no Leupold.
Agree Leupold is a "gold standard" ref. customer service, but they also do not support the older Redfield optics when they acquired the Redfield brand.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:04 PM

Default Leupold repair

I had an early Var X II 3 to 9 with tapered cross hair reticle. Rifle was vintage Model 70 1959, I am almost sure scope was same age. it was cloudy and unusable. Leupold did not repair it, they replaced it with a new Var X II.

I wanted the scope repaired, did not even open the box on the new one. Off to evil bay it went. they replaced with a lower quality scope.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM

Long Shot..............Thanks Much.

That does indeed give me some more peace of mind.

I kind of figured when it came down to brass tacks.............as long as you are polite on the phone, most companies (i've ever dealt with) have gone above and beyond with warranty repair.

For example.............I didn't adjust my 17 Hornady Hornet dies correctly and ended up bending my decapping rod.

Called Hornady and was greeted by a very polite lady who despite my honest claim that it was my fault and I didn't care if I needed to purchase a replacement, she insisted that it would be covered by their warranty and I had the new part within a week of the phone call.

NO BS, no hassle.

Thanks for the insight,
Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 AM

cmatera,

Check out ironsightinc.com for vintage Weaver scope repairs.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256wm View Post
cmatera,

Check out ironsightinc.com for vintage Weaver scope repairs.
And if you decide to use them be prepared to be lied to and receive substandard work on your vintage Weaver scope. Their prices are no great deal either. They totally ruined an older Weaver for one of my customers by removing the "Peep-Plex" reticle and replacing it with an ultra fine cross hair.
They claimed, after the work was done and the scope returned to me, that the peep reticle was no longer available. If I had known that in advance the work would have been cancelled.
And before any of the experts chime in, I realize that the "Peep-Plex" reticle was not a Weaver term but used by Burris. I used the term only to describe the reticle.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Supporting Member

That's what I figured, so I just threw it in a drawer. Figure someday I'll take it apart for fun, then throw the pieces away.