Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2018, 02:22 AM
Supporting Member

Default 22 Jet to 22 TCM

Long week of work. Come home and go out to eat with the better half... next thing I know is that I went to the reloading room, somehow found myself depriming, tumbling, neck sizing and finally priming the 22 Jet... that’s where I started wondering off and got side tracked.

Looking at primers and realizing I have more small pistol magnum primers (in all flavors) than one should have. Ended up trying out some federal 200. Get this, chosen because they are like packaged up to take up over 5 times the space as CCIs lol

Anyhow before I knew it, I was starting on the 22 TCM path... I didn’t realize that there was powder named after the TCM. Have any of you tried it? Has my interest

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-con...d_data_TCM.pdf
Old 03-04-2018, 02:27 AM
Supporting Member

Gary where is the burn rate?
Old 03-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Supporting Member

Not sure Ray, I’m speculating around the 410, enforcer and 4100 but I can’t find where I was now!

Must be too new. I’m surprised to see it. Thought maybe it was made to reduce muzzle flash and/or velocity gain but I don’t see it. Interesting that they list the Armscor bullet at 39 grains.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/products/handgun/

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-con...burn_rates.pdf

And I figured out where I first found it... It’s in their new Reloading Manual I got from Rob. I was thumbing through the manual admiring all the wildcat and hard to find load data rounds when I first got it.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 03-04-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Default 22 Jet to 22 TCM

The new manual Rob put out is a dandy. Bill K
Old 03-04-2018, 02:13 PM

39 grains is the RIA 22TCM 9R Bullet designed to shoot out of the 9mm swap out barrel that the 22 TCM pistol comes with 40 grain shoots out of the 22TCM Pistol and Rifle. Keith
Old 03-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Supporting Member

Yes Bill, I really like it, pretty nice seeing some cool wildcats in there as well.

SF, I sure couldn’t find them, I wonder if they are only available in loaded ammo. Is it fairly new?
Old 03-04-2018, 06:25 PM

I'm pretty sure you get both barrels when you buy the pistol so it's probably been around quite a while I buy my 40gr bullets at Ammo Supply Warehouse and they only offer the 39gr in loaded ammo I never really looked into the 39gr because I don't have the pistol I have the RIA 22 TCM Rifle on a side note i've tried several powders and charges and I haven't found a load that shoots better Groups then the Factory Ammo yet probably due to me limited experience at reloading
Old 03-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Supporting Member

You can buy it either way, I wanted a 9mm barrel (don’t ask me why?)

http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28478

The 40s feed fine through it as does the 35 gr vmax if you cut the plastic tip off.

I read last night that the 39s are for a glock conversion. And I’m not sure how long they have been out ( I’d love to have a conversion for one of my Steyr pistols). Anyhow I’m almost certain there wasn’t such a thing as the 39 gr bullets when I bought mine.

Have you played with neck tension, crimping and primers? I think that might be a little more important on these guys than your normal round? Not for sure but it seems similar to the 22 Hornet.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 03-04-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:42 PM

I have a two die set so I haven't messed with crimping I used CCI SR Primers and H110, Lil Gun and IMR 4227 this pic is factory ammo the reloads range from 1.25" to 2.50"
https://i.imgur.com/YeRxqTw.jpg
Old 03-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Supporting Member

That’s not too bad for factory ammo. Ive said sometimes it’s hard to beat factory loaded ammo, the 204 Ruger and a 527 CZ shot the 32s into <1/2” groups. Go figure. BTW it shot the factory 40s >1”

I’m not sure about the crimp but I thought I read where someone thought it needed a crimp because of poor ignition and primers also had a role to play with that. I don’t remember what type of primers but I think they experimented with SPM to different SR primers. They said it didn’t require a heavy crimp and you don’t want to distort the bullet with the crimp. Not sure if the canulure was for the crimp? But the 40s have one.

I’m going to experiment with the 22 Jet and then once I’m done with it I’ll probably go back to the tcm (it’s time).

I’m using 4227 in the Jet only because longer ago a 30 lb keg followed me home one day. Although a lot of it found its way into some of my friends reloading rooms I still have a bunch on hand. (I just wanted the keg lol)

I’ve never done a chamber cast on my tcm but will. One reason is I like to go longer on the necks if it allows but more importantly if it’s to the short side of specs and the case grows from reloading it could cause some accuracy issues.