Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Supporting Member

And to experiment you could use the roll crimp in your seater die and roll into the canulure a little bit.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 PM

I loaded longer rounds in the beginning up to 1.335 with 40gr Sierra JHP but you have to load single shot they don't fit into the magazine if I remember correctly I was able to fit up to 1.275 into the Magazine and still feed them the factory runs between 1.235 and 1.250
Old 03-04-2018, 11:15 PM
Supporting Member

I’ve only used 296 and I forget what primers. I didn’t think the accuracy was too bad for me shooting a pistol lol.

I need to look but I think the new Reloading Manual that I just received listed enforcer powder which has been a favorite of mine in some other smaller case 17s. I forget the other two powders listed but can look and let you know.

I was a little nervous about trying lilgun only because I don’t feel that I’m as good at reading presure signs in a semi-auto. But I’d like to try lilgun someday

EdiT: If you can get to the photos on my user CP, there you will find a photo with the info from the new load manual. Looks like there is one of the places it talks about crimp and ignition. And also list 4 powders to play with (sorry for not learning how to post photos here)

Last edited by GLWenzl; 03-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 AM
Supporting Member

http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=315&pi

New burn rate chart
Old 03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
Supporting Member

Came across an interesting 22 Jet magazine article that I had never seen before. Kind of wish I had that one, all my handlosder/rifle magazines are older

Thought I’d share it here Incase anyone happens to be a 22 Jet Junkie.

https://www.riflemagazine.com/magazi...263partial.pdf

Last edited by GLWenzl; 03-07-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Supporting Member

Some case capacity comparisons. Sorry, I used 4227 because it was out in the bench the day I did this.

Full case to the mouth. I think all cases had been fired and not resized except the 22 Jet. It had been fired and neck sized only. But it’s been a few days and not 100% sure.

22 Jet - 16.2
218 Bee - 16.1
22 TCM - 13.6
22 Hornet 13.2

It should be noted that this isn’t 100% and I suspect the Jet and Bee could have been the same? 4227 isn’t what you want to use for an accurate scale but I was looking for ball park info.

So can it Bee that the Jet and Bee are the same? If so and shooting in a contender the load data should be similar?

In the article I posted above it stated the Jet has a water capacity of 18.9 gr of water which puts it in the same range as the 218 Bee. First time I’ve read to similarity between the two. Wish I’d read that before I did my comparisons lol
Old 03-14-2018, 01:43 AM
Supporting Member

Default 22 Jet Load Data

Well, it isn’t much but I know there’s a bunch of 22 Jet fans out there

After fireforming to the chamber by seating bullets into the lands with heavy neck tension and then neck sizing, I have been loading the 22 Jet up and just test firing them looking at primers. Since deviating from my standard practice and using a heavier primer first like federal 200 SPM it may not be very accurate meathod??? I’ll check velocity next time I get a chance.

So far it’s been with 40 gr TCM bullets seated to the canalure-

14.0 gr 1680
13.5 gr Ramshot Enforcer
13.0 gr 296
13.0 gr 4227

H110 and blue dot might get a chance as well as 2400 that I’d like to get used up.

And to think I only opened one 50 round bag of brass thinking that’d be enough to wear off the new and put it away... but oh boy, now it has me looking at what rifle to build one on Who would of thought a 22 Jet would get me excited about loading & shooting
Old 03-14-2018, 02:20 AM

Lee makes a factory crimp die for the .22 TCM, for anyone out there that wants to crimp them. If I were doing pistol loading, I would use one for sure. I got mine from Midsouth.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:34 AM
Supporting Member

Thanks for the tip, I don’t think I have them for a TCM. I do for the 218 Bee and 22 Hornet. I was thinking about trying one out and crimping the Jet into the canalure just to check for accuracy increase/decrease especially if I try out lilgun.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Supporting Member

Gary use a C 7.62x39 action, they're for a .440 case head. Better would be order Kiff Rem cone nose bolt for the PPC.