Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 AM

Default Sixth Annual Saubier Easter Egg Shoot

Rule #1:
o This event is designed to be safe, fun and informal. The prime objective is to combat the ravages of cabin fever with a healthy dose of camaraderie, tasty food served outdoors and mentorship opportunities from a talented group of characters. This will not resemble a match at Raton. We make our best effort to organize, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. Life is serious enough.

Rule #2:
o See Rule #1

When: Saturday 10 April 2010, with setup starting at 10AM

Where: Eastern Nebraska Gun Club, (WWW.ENGC.US) 2 miles east of Louisville NE. on hwy 66
(approximately 10 miles south of Omaha).

Cost: None (there is $5 range use fee for non club members)

Shoot Details:

o Our targets are set at various ranges, starting at 50 and out to 635 yards. Our format is 10 shot per target set, with a 60 to 80 rounds total. We will also have a time limit per stage, just to liven things up a bit.

o We typically have a group of unique targets ranging from golf tees, kitchen matches, lifesavers, paintballs, eggs, steel prairie dogs, swinging pigs and even a Bionic coyotes. It’s our intention provide a safe, fun day of shooting with challenging targets; I don’t think you will be disappointed.

o Since we can fully equip two shooting positions with our silhouette targets we would like to open this up for the first twenty people that RSVP to me.

Calibers and Classes:

o In keeping with our Saubier Small Caliber roots, we limit our cartridge size to factory or wildcat rounds in 20 cal and under. The silhouette targets are made from mild steel therefore we request you use only poly tipped bullets vs. hollow points, as the damage is far less.

o Starting this year we will have two classes: an Open and a Three Gun Challenge.

o Open Class will be for those would prefer to use one rifle (factory or custom) for the entire course of fire (20 cal or under factory or wildcat cartridge)

o Three Gun Challenge is broken down by target yardage and any 20 cal or under factory or wildcat cartridge who’s parent case capacity falls within the small, medium or large capacity as outlined below:

50 to 200yd----Small = Hornet down to Rimfire i.e. 17 HMR etc.
300 to 400yd---Medium = Fireball, Bee and Badger cases
500 to 635yd---Large = 222, 223, 204,PPC, and BR cases

*Disclaimer I know I will have missed someone pet cartridge but no malice intended.

Potluck BBQ:

o At noon we will have a potluck. There will be some type of red meat sacrificed on the grill. If you plan on eating with us, please bring something to share (I will publish a suggested list of items we need as we get closer).

The Trading Blanket:

o In the past, many folks have brought small caliber related items they wanted to trade or sell. Items ranged from complete rifles, barrels, reloading dies/components and what have you. So check your stash and see what treasures you have to swap and sell.

What to Bring:

o Your favorite shooting rest, enough ammo for sight in and score, shooting glasses and ear protection (range requirement), 2 dozen large eggs, lawn chair and a keen sense of humor is handy.

RSVP:
o As mentioned above, this is open to first twenty people that RSVP to me. If you plan to attend please PM your contact info so I can get head count and notify you of any late breaking changes, just in case mother nature throws us a curve etc.

Thanks

Stephen
Old 03-11-2010, 11:49 PM

Default FYI, Here's the attendee list thus far.

Bob C
Larry in IA
Stephen G
Richard M
Paul W
Chuck R
Wayne B
Larry E
Ethan E
Virgil P
Gabe S
Don S
Andy M
Ron T
Steve V

Last edited by Stephen Grant; 04-09-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Supporting Member

Won't be there myself (unless something changes with our outage schedule) but will be sending a new person. His name is Don S and he lives right there in CB and is a member of the club. I was really looking forward to being there and bringing Don not to mention that I have not even shot since last summer….

Super guy with a lot of wisdom and he is living my dream, 17 AHs on TCRs as well as other really cool stuff!!! I heard about him years ago being someone with much experience with TCRs and spent a lot of time trying to track him down but never could. Forget now how it happened but finally was able to meet him and what a blessing it has been crossing paths with him. Am sure will he will fit right in with all you guys. Best wishes for a really nice day guys!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 AM

Sorry Gary you won't be able to make it this year.

Would you or have Don PM his contact info to me so I can keep him in the loop so to speak as we get closer?

Look forward to meeting him.

I've updated Don and two others to the attendance list.

Stephen

Last edited by Stephen Grant; 03-27-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

we'll do...

looks like a good turn out, it'll be a lot of fun!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM

Thumbs up Looking forward to a great time.

I think I've touched base with everyone and want to thank you all for stepping up to help bring this together.

I've updated the list above and if I've missed anyone please let me know. If the weather holds we should have a dandy day.

Below are few reminders of what to bring:

- Shooting rest
- Spotting Scope
- Ammo for sight in and score (suggest 100rds)
- Shooting glasses and ear protection (range requirement)
- 2 dozen large eggs
- Lawn chair
- Pen for score card
- Trading blanket toys

Let me know if I can help further.

Drive safely we've got food to eat and targets in need of a good kill-in

Stephen
Old 04-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Supporting Member

Hope you guys have a great shoot. Watch out for Rem, he might bring a ringer.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 AM

I hear ya Ray, you have to keep an eye out for the those fella's that have plowed that ground more than once.

Wish you could make it out for the shoot, perhaps one of these days.

Stephen
Old 04-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Supporting Member

Default Pics from the Shoot

Had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting the First-Timers
My shooting was not up to par, but I made a Four-Gun deal out of it: 17 Mach 2, 17 HMR, 17 Mach IV and the 204 Ruger

Here is a link to the pics I took:
2010 Egg Shoot

Feel free to add comments/names to the pics.

Thanks to everyone that participated!!

Bob

"...the beginning of the end" Hussein OBombus
Old 04-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA

Gabe and I had a ball at the shoot today. i had a real hard time with the wind today, but there is always next year.

It was great to meet all of you guys, but thought after we left, would have been nice to know the alias on here for you guys.

I hope to be able to make it for another shoot some time.

Thanks to all that put this shoot together, and did so much work to make it run. Ethan, you did a lot of footwork during the shoot, and I know everyone appreciated it as much as I do.

larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office