Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA
Default Postal shoot...

I am thinking on doing another postal shoot soon.

I am wanting to know how many guys would be interested if I had an entry fee of something like $10-15. I would still do the all the work for free, but all the money would go to prizes, and maybe a donation to Saubier.com for giving us such a nice place to reside on the net.

I am hoping some of the board sponsors will offer up some prizes for us this year as well. I will be contacting you guys, if there is enough interest.

I like to participate in these as much as anyone, but it is hard to find guys to run them...I would rather take the easy way out, and just compete...but it seems I need to ramrod this one...my thanks for such a great board.

Let's see some posts...don't feel obligated to reply, just so I see the count go up...I would really like to see who would really be interested, who would be willing to participate, send your targets back, and follow the simple rules.

Lets see them!

Larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Thumbs up

I would definitely be interested in another shoot Larry.

I could probably donate some bullets again too.

Maybe we can get some donations and use the money for a MidSouth gift certificate or something like that too.

Other than some traveling in March, I should be able to help should you need it. One huge advantage you have is that software you used to measure groups. Kept it very fair and accurate IMHO.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
I would definitely be interested in another shoot Larry.

I could probably donate some bullets again too.

Maybe we can get some donations and use the money for a MidSouth gift certificate or something like that too.

Other than some traveling in March, I should be able to help should you need it. One huge advantage you have is that software you used to measure groups. Kept it very fair and accurate IMHO.
EDIT:Maybe that is another thing...you guys can, and should maybe say what would motivate you for prizes...I am not a very creative thinker...some input as to the prizes would be a great idea:EDIT

Thanks, one thing I have been taught, with my son in hockey...I hate partial refs! LOL!

I will do my best to keep it as fair as possible. I don't care much who wins it, I just want everyone to have fun. (maybe prove their gun's abilities)

I will do as I did last year, compete for the scores, not the prizes...just easier that way.

Larry

Last edited by larryinIA; 02-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Supporting Member

I would participate. Bullets always work good for prizes, as do gift certificates to maybe wireless guys store or maybe a barrel manufacturer ( any amount off certainly helps) last year I procrastinated my self out of shooting my targets - this year I am actually starting my loading early.
Drew

By the way Larry, thanks for getting it going again.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 AM
Supporting Member

Default Postal Shoot

Hi Larry,

I thought you did a Great Job last year, Count me in!

tx al
Old 02-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Supporting Member

One other idea that we could use to ensure we support the forum, is only make it available to Supporting Members. This way we can do good for Saubier and still have fun with prizes.

Just a thought...
Old 02-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Supporting Member

I put up a batch of custom brass (223 based of course), what would I do if I won? Adam
Old 02-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
One other idea that we could use to ensure we support the forum, is only make it available to Supporting Members. This way we can do good for Saubier and still have fun with prizes.

Just a thought...
Could you expand on that thought? I am not sure, exactly what you mean.

I am hoping that I get a lot of the guys we support, whether board sponsors or not, involved.

This is a "for fun" shoot. Any prizes made available would be huge bonus.

Larry

Old 02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Supporting Member

If you look under the usernames in this thread, you will see a status right below them that says "Supporting Member". That means the person has made a donation to Saubier.

Other status types that I've seen are "Member" and "Senior Member" which are people that are members of the forum, but have not made a donation.

Via this stipulation maybe some folks who have not donated will do so to enter the shoot. I think the minimum donation is $5.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default No prizes, maybe a fee...

... would be the best all-round best idea IMHO. I just like to see if I can get my name somewhere near the front of the pack. Putting "supporting members" in a special group takes away some of the idea behind what this forum should mean.

I had a hoot every time I participated in the shoot. I'm in whatever comes, even if I have to shoot a 17HMR at 100 yards!

Alex