Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-03-2014, 06:27 AM

Default Cancer

Meg my 7 year old Labrador was diagnosed with probable mammery cancer yesterday, she has an op this morning to remove the growth.

Dog of a lifetime, I just hope she does not go the way of Fly the first Lab I lost, that was also cancer, perfect health to dead in three weeks.

Fingers crossed we get it early.

A
Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM

Default I hope all works out.

It is tough to lose a really exceptional four legged family member. C. got one of the best I ever had also. I commiserate.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM

Best of luck Geof praying for her.
Wally
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 AM

She has just come out of the operation, got a huge hole in her by the sounds of it and the vet is sure the growth is cancer. Just have to hope there are no secondaries and get a pup under way. The web seems to give a life span once diagnosed of between two weeks and two years. So could be worse I suppose.

Just got to stop her licking it now !!.

A
Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Sure hope she pulls through. Said a little prayer for both you and Meg.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM

She is a strong dog but it depends how far it has progressed.

The last thing I shot for her with a 17AH was so badly smashed she refused to pick it up and rolled in it instead. Dont want that to be her swan song.

A
Old 07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Unhappy My last bird (quail) dog, a Brittany...

... developed a massive mammary tumor. Vet removed it, and the pathology report said "very guarded." Spaying her was recommended, as it is with most female dogs to dampen the growth hormone production during "heat."

She went on to hunt with me for 5 more years, then became "old and crotchety", and at last, just lay down and died at age 11. I buried her, put her favorite retrieving dummy and two shells that I fired over the grave in the grave with her, and came close to putting the Browning 20 gauge o/u in the grave as well. Quail had become so scarce in our area that I didn't even think of getting a replacement for her. I don't think I've shot that little gun since.

Your "best friend" will hopefully have a few more years left. Do not breed her, as it will enhance the potential for very quick spread of any cells that the surgeon missed.

I share your distress. Hope she survives for many more trips afield with you.

Alex

Last edited by Alex; 07-03-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Supporting Member

A, I feel your pain, I lost 4 of the 7 Gordon Setters I had over the years to that terrible stuff. Hope your best little buddy pulls thru. Ray
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Default Can you handle the truth?

Dr. O. Warberg, 1931, said "cancer is a low oxygen condition of the cells." Only holder of two unshared Noble prizes in medicine. Nominated for a 3rd but politician was making a stink and he got passed over. Guy named A. Hilter.

Cree of Canada have a cure for people, Essiac Tea, --NO IDEA how it would work on animals, any animals!! Illustrates the problem. You can find it in almost any health food store but if you ask what it is for staff will run pissing and squealing to hide in the back. If they so much as smile at the word cancer they can be prosecuted for "practicing medicine w/o a license."

I got my intro with the book "Thank God I Have Cancer" Rev. Odin. Try to find a copy. Suppressed/censored... B-17 (works great), found in apricot pits and asparagus and called "quackery" "poison" "Cyanide" or laeatrile... Works great on people ... Then there is cesium ... (ocean fish for example)

Dr. Clark (Hulda) in her book makes 3 quick observations, there are more...
a). Cancer patients have a low/weak acid condition in the stomach. Acid powers digestion of vitamins, minerals and proteins...
b). Cancer cells concentrate iron at 15 times the level of normal.
[ASIDE: another friend, Dr. Partridge (3 doctorates, divinity, DDS, something in research), deceased, told of studying in France where they regulary and routinely cure cancer with magnets ... "under review" by the government in USA which means you cannot use it]
c). Dr. Clark explains that in the body, sulfur binds with iron and a bit more in the diet, egg yokes (the yellow) for example, helps... Cf #1...

Since you are little restricted in treatment of animals, I would "hit the web" before turning everything over to some licensed (and short leashed person) ... Luck.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 PM

God Bless you both.