Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Tribute to fallen members

Old 12-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Default Waskawood

Received a text from Dave's wife Barb today, Dave Odden ( Waska, as I called him) , died this morning. I haven't been able to reach him for some time now, now I know why. Ol' codger never even told me...I could let him have it right now...

We worked on a couple projects together, 17 VHA, 17 Vortac etc..so I knew him fairly well, they stopped by our place on a trip to FL a few years ago. He make some dang good sauerkraut...he had an awesome, super dry sense of humor, we gave each other a hard time on a regular basis.

I will try to post more info after the obit posts, shoot straight my friend, we will miss you.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:09 AM
Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss Barry. Dave had shared with me one of the early 17SCC cases you guys had worked on together. He was eager to assist anyone.

Respectfully,

Don
Old 12-10-2018, 11:20 AM

R.I.P Dave I missed our conversations on the phone.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 AM

Sorry to hear that Barry. Didn't know him personally but his posts revealed that he was a good guy. RIP Waskawood
Old 12-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Default Sorry to hear this.....

I enjoyed reading his posts and am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Barry.I am sure as time passes you will always be reminded of how special it is to have a good friend to share such a great hobby with.
Matt
Old 12-12-2018, 12:55 AM

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/na...?pid=190954549
Old 12-12-2018, 01:03 AM

He was a hard-headed, irritating, cantankerous ol coot, with a great heart, and a love for the Lord. I really liked him. I'm furious at him for not keeping me abreast of his health downturn. Furious. Stubborn ol german, reminds me of me. I will miss him.

Thanks for the kind words, and if you haven't heard from an old friend in a while, pick up the phone and call.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:33 PM

so sad to hear. Met Dave a few years ago when powder was tough to get. Borrowed him some 1680 to try in his 17 TCM project he was working on. Talked to him several times after that for updates on his project. Good guy. I moved back to my farm late this summer which happens to be about 20 minutes from where he lives, was going to look him up again this winter and see how he was doing. Barry thanks for posting and sorry for your loss.

Torgy
Lee Torgeson
Kensington, MN