Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 12-27-2018, 08:42 PM

Haven't really read the entire post, Have an awful headache, so if I am off base please ignore and forgive. Had a 20 Tac in a Contender and was seeing a lot of pressure signs.Even Piercing Primers (CCI 400) Use Rem 7.5 now. Backed off a lot, 20% reduced charge. Finally called the bullet maker (Nosler, Hornady) not really sure but it was one of the big ones. They suggested a lot of solution and all were tried. Talked to them several times over a week period. Nothing seemed to help. They (after digging) suggest it could be a copper build up in barrel. I had cleaned regular and did not believe them However a VERY thorough copper cleaning and the problem vanished with NO other adjustment. Went back up to full loads without issue. Just sharing my issue
Safe shooting
Doug
Old 12-27-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tred1956 View Post
Haven't really read the entire post, Have an awful headache, so if I am off base please ignore and forgive. Had a 20 Tac in a Contender and was seeing a lot of pressure signs.Even Piercing Primers (CCI 400) Use Rem 7.5 now. Backed off a lot, 20% reduced charge. Finally called the bullet maker (Nosler, Hornady) not really sure but it was one of the big ones. They suggested a lot of solution and all were tried. Talked to them several times over a week period. Nothing seemed to help. They (after digging) suggest it could be a copper build up in barrel. I had cleaned regular and did not believe them However a VERY thorough copper cleaning and the problem vanished with NO other adjustment. Went back up to full loads without issue. Just sharing my issue
Safe shooting
Doug
I sent the rifle to Cooper yesterday. I should know more about it in the near future. It'll be interesting to see what they say about the barrel. When I first got it, I did run a wet patch through it, but no blue was seen on the patch.