Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-18-2018, 09:38 PM

Default Remington 6 1/2 srp

Just another reason to remember that the primer makers offer standard and thicker primer cup material. Use the standard one's on small, lower pressure cartridges and the mag or thicker primer cupped one's on the higher pressure one's, especially if you are working at the upper level of any reloads data. Bill K
Old 02-18-2018, 09:48 PM

Hodgdon shows Remington 7 1/2, Small Rifle Magnum with IMR4227 for .221fb pistol load, so I'm going to try CCI450's, imr4227 with Sierra 50gr blitz.

Should make a good coyote load?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:51 AM
Supporting Member

years ago and before quick load days, I actually perfered the lighter weight primers like pistol primers as an indicator to where I was at with presure when loading some wildcats. I forget what rounds I was messing with but I remembered it worked well. Once those primers started showing presure signs and watching velocity it gave me a little idea where I was at and then I moved up to a thicker cup primer and completed my loading.

And one time I had an accidental discharge when closing the bolt on a cooper. Fortunately, the muzzle was pointed in a safe place. The only thing I could figure is that a little brass piece of what appeared to be a primer was in the trigger area?