Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminweasil View Post
I agree with Chuck Miller............I posted pics of some of my best groups in another thread. However, my gun is an "honest" 1/2-3/4 MOA gun for 3 shot groups now that i've got several hundred rounds and several hundred passes with JB Brush down the bore.

Before I did that...............it was a 3/4 MOA rifle with the occassional flier going over MOA.

I'm talking shooting at least 5 three shot groups in a row and taking the average.

It cracks me up to hear guys saying there factory rifles shoot 1/2 MOA, all day long............."IF they do there part".......haha

Makes no sense to buy virgin brass in this particular round. I haven't heard of anyone's rifle not shooting acceptable IE, under an inch at 100 yards with factory hornady 17 hornet loads. (Unless there was something wrong with the rifle)

I would get fliers occassionally with my brand new CZ .17 Hornet Varmint...........even after "breakin". I used JB on my barrel and it eliminated the issue. Nothing else was changed.........so I know JB polish is what did it.

Also, tested groups (3 shots at 100yds).........5 is a waste of time and ammo in my opinion before and after JB polish to confirm.
My first CZ hornet would put factory 35gr hornady into one hole at 100 yards all day long, tough to load that well...SX
Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super X View Post
My first CZ hornet would put factory 35gr hornady into one hole at 100 yards all day long, tough to load that well...SX
Mine loves the 20 gr superformance ammo! For the price of loaded ammo, $15/box of 25, I just sell the 1x fired brass. It nets out to be cheaper than rolling your own.

You can't argue with success!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben lurkin View Post
Mine loves the 20 gr superformance ammo! For the price of loaded ammo, $15/box of 25, I just sell the 1x fired brass. It nets out to be cheaper than rolling your own.

You can't argue with success!
I don't think I can shoot that well but my CZ527 might be able to. At one time I think I calculated reloading cost for the 17HH at about $15/50 without brass expense or time involved. Basically the reason for selling the Savage in 17 Win Super Mag as those cartridges cost about $15/50
Old 01-21-2017, 11:32 AM

That and the .17 Hornet rips the WSM a new one performance wise.