Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-17-2017, 07:03 AM
Supporting Member

Default Bullets.com

Well I'm in the market for a light front rest, so thought about a Bald Eagle Slingshot rest.
After looking around I found Bullets.com have them on special so I fill everything out and place the order online

Well today I get an email telling me it is their company policy not to sell/ship Internationally so they cancelled the order.

Since there is no restrictions on exporting front rests it makes me wonder why a company who's policy it is not to sell/ship Internationally would even setup thier website to accept International payments............Kiwi
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 AM

i have to say i have say your right mate im from ireland and dam near impossible to get stuff posted here from states , good look with your rest
Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 AM

They did you a favor. Slingshot rests aren't the most stable. They were originally designed for narrow shooting benches for a specific range. The triangle rests are more stable.
I've observed shooters with heavy caliber rifles on slingshot rests and they bounced and jumped at the shot. As far as Bullets.com not shipping internationally, every country has its own set of rules and in my opinion, not worth the small profits and hassle to comply with them. Having said that, check Brownell's. They ship SOME items internationally.

Sinclair International: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/Sinclair.aspx

comparable rest:

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac....aspx?psize=96

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 01-17-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:26 AM

Optics Planet will whip:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/s/shooti...v_gridSize=240
Old 01-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Supporting Member

Default Slingshots

I know they make the bases in both cast iron and aluminum. I have the cast iron with a Ron Hoehn adjustable top and the thought of anything making it hop is lost on me. But the biggest I shoot regularly is a 6.5-284 and those are generally with a flat 3" forearm sliding in synthetic bags so you have a smooth recoil straight back. I currently own 4, the slingshot, Hart Comp 1 and JB100, and a old Wichita and prefer the BE slingshot. I've also owned a couple of the joy stick rests and sent them down the road. Pic of my slingshot with Hoehn top. For a plain Jane simple rest that is really nice the Hart JB100, problem with them is they use a thicker stem than all the others so none of the adjustable tops will just slide on.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but since this rest is to be carried for 1/2 a km I do want a "light" rest and since I don't shoot many heavy recoiling rifles the stability factor doesn't come into it.

It does amaze me that a company that has a CEO involved in "International" competition has just put a blanket rule about International shipping in place covering items that are not restricted by ITAR and are allowed to be shipped Internationally.

Especially when he developed the company because of his love and involvement in shooting and he represents USA in International competition.............Kiwi
Old 01-17-2017, 10:06 PM

Harold, What's all that taped on stuff on your rest? Weights?
Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 PM

Default Bullets.com

They also refused to ship anything to New York.