Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Smile New 5MM Rem Rifle ??

I started this in another thread but thought might be better to set it out on it's own.

Several times people have commented about new rifles for the 5MM Remington Rimfire magnum.

We have messed with new rifles for awhile but have not done anything that would be concidered marketable.

I have been designing and working on what I thought people would want . Maybe that is not the right way to go.

So I thought that I would ask you to give us what you would want for a new 5MM Remington Magnum rifle.

To make it easy to compile please use the following list and then comments.

I can't promise anything but we have been working towards this for a couple of years.

Thank you
Lowell

List for new 5MM Remington Rifle.

Stainless action

Moly action

milled in scope mount attachment points

singleshot

magazine

Stainless barrel

Moly barrel

rifling twist

barrel length

Barrel Diameter

barrel taper

Plastic stock

wood stock

Laminate stock

weight

Trigger

Style safety

rifle weight overall

Comments

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON

Last edited by Eagle_view; 03-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM

I'll play!

I'd like something as close to a blue/walnut CZ452 with the set trigger as can get.

-John
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Supporting Member

Personally; I think a little 1885 Low Wall configuration would be the "cats meow". Blued w/walnut stock or stainless w/grey laminated stock, just make the forearm hanger large enough to securely support/hold the forearm all on its own. I'd buy one in a heart beat and in every caliber you could chamber it for. The world needs more falling blocks that working men can afford.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 PM

I would be more interested in an action than a rifle. Make it with the cartridge rim in the barrel breech so one bolt face would work for all rimfire cartridges--maybe a very small centerfire option, too. If it would fit Rem 700 SA ADL inletting, the stock problem would be solved. And have a gunsmith-free way to switch barrels. Maybe it could have threaded receiver with an insert bushing for using some of the already existing Ruger-sized slip-fit rimfire barrels.

Bruce

Last edited by bcp; 03-23-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Default 5mm

Like Marine said something around $600 bucks nice lam stock something like a lighter weight varmint rifle 20" barrel. And single shot would be fine with me. Something like Cooper makes in there LVT rimfire or like Rugers VMBZ. ~Fatty
Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Supporting Member

I like bcp thoughts about being made so it can be used CF or RF and the rest doesn't matter as much to me other than keeping it a small package! Maybe very high quality and say around 200 bucks
Old 03-24-2009, 01:54 AM

Default I'd love to see...

Something like a CZ452 Varmint or the Ruger 77/22Hornet
sized rifle,laminate or walnut doesnt matter I'll buy one.
Around $450-$500- would be nice. Heck at this point I'd settle for a Contender barrel around 21-23 inches long,to inspire people like CCI and CZ,RUGER and the like.I was kinda suprised that MGM and
Bullberry both don't offer a barrel for the 5mm Magnum yet.

Matt

Last edited by 17VLD; 03-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:22 AM

I built one on a H&R Handi rifle and it shoots just fine. I offset the barrel so it would fit on a rifle or shotgun frame. There are some issues with the high pressure RF rounds, 100% of the case and rim need support from the barrel and breach or bolt, so the extraction is a little trickie. Larry

Old 03-24-2009, 01:17 PM

If this round ever does take off and I have my doubts about that, a single shot like a Handie rifle or Savage 93 is about perfect. Even though people like a beautiful rifle, the fact is most rimfires are used as back porch guns. I also think that around $200 is the right price. So a single shot, medium heavy barrel and wood stock at around $200 will save this round. Someone needs to follow the 17HMR formula: Well made cheap rifles that are extreemly accurate, ie...(Savage and Marlin)

Qaz
Old 03-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA
Thumbs up I like this idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in VA View Post
Personally; I think a little 1885 Low Wall configuration would be the "cats meow". Blued w/walnut stock or stainless w/grey laminated stock, just make the forearm hanger large enough to securely support/hold the forearm all on its own. I'd buy one in a heart beat and in every caliber you could chamber it for. The world needs more falling blocks that working men can afford.

i second this! My vote is for an octaganal barrel, tapered, maybe varmint wieght. Long as I am making the wish list. Blued with walnut is my vote.

larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office