Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Supporting Member

And eat some yummy icecream to help cool down.......didn't help or I didn't eat enough

I got to fondle some beautiful rifles......unlike at the museums

Never could figure out if the range crew were racing each other or just speeding....

And even the women get to sit and wonder what the wind is doing
Old 06-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Supporting Member

Wish I could shoot like this.......just couldn't do it consistantly at the shoot so just had to admire other shooters groups

Some people have a good sense of humour

I bought this mans book and I found out we were quite alike........I also finished last at my first Benchrest match......that's as far as the similarity goes......btw it's well worth buying his book.

This is another very well known man in Benchrest circles, Graeme Smith president of the World Benchrest Shooting Federation.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Supporting Member

This is Seb's newly designed model of front rest

Since the Supershoot is held at Kelbly's you get to see not only there products.......anybody want a Kelbly action??

But also the people that make there products
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Supporting Member

One retailer, Lester Bruno, brings a whole lot of his stock from Arizona to Ohio just to keep the shooters supplied

This table of barrels never seemed to diminish in size yet I lost count of the barrels being carried out the door.....he just kept bringing more out of the trailer.

If you look carefully amonst all the cackhanded actions you will find a couple of lefties.

Now this is the winner of the Supershoot along with his wife, George and Vera Carter.....they come from Canada and they are both great people.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Supporting Member

This is a photo of all the competitors who used a March scope at the Supershoot

Well that is about it for this trip, we drove back to Indiana and dropped off the car I borrowed from my friend, The following day he dropped us off at Indianapollis airport and we started our trip back to NZ, arrived in Dunedin almost 30hrs latter to a temp of -3C, quite different to the high 20's we had in Ohio.

I have had a lot of comments about the photo's I took, this is only a small sample as I managed to fill almost 2 16gig cards. Photography is just a hobby but one I really enjoy.......like shooting.

Thanks for looking everyone and if you want a sight seeing thread of some of New Zealand then just ask, I'm sure I can show you what some of New Zealand looks like......Ian
Old 06-27-2010, 05:43 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post
While in Brazil, Indiana I went and visited with another friend who has been working on producing a high quality action, this is the result

This is a very smooth action, as smooth ans my BAT's. If you want to find out more about these have a look here.
http://www.haverkampactions.com/index.html

After spending a few days relaxing and spending time with friends it was time to head toward Ohio

Well this really is a small world. You were just 15 miles down the road from me in Brazil. And those actions are made here on the other side of town. I have been by the shop to nose around. I would try one of those actions but Mr. Haverkamp said he doesn't plan to do any lefties. He has about 200 in stock and is still trying to get the word out.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
Well this really is a small world. You were just 15 miles down the road from me in Brazil. And those actions are made here on the other side of town. I have been by the shop to nose around. I would try one of those actions but Mr. Haverkamp said he doesn't plan to do any lefties. He has about 200 in stock and is still trying to get the word out.
Hi Nitehawk, I stayed in Brazil, which is where my friend lives, boy it's a small world.
If you are after a L/H Haverkamp action stop in and ask him to make them and keep asking. I stressed to Tom that he needs to make them in L/H along with a couple of other changes, like cone bolt.
So if you know a few L/H shooters get them to ask for one as well and keep asking, Tom did say if the demand was high enough he would probably make a leftie.......btw if you stop in and see Tom say "Hi" for me....Ian
Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Kiwi,
Thanks again for all those great pictures, I have enjoyed every one of them as well as the commentary of your trip. For those who have not been to or seen pictures of New Zealand have a look at Kiwi’s photos.

I made my first trip to New Zealand earlier this year with my wife as she bought me a ticket to Warbirds over Wanaka for my birthday. What a country, I was just enthralled at every turn for the two weeks we were there.

Warbirds over Wanaka was the best Air show I have ever been to and I will be back again in 2012. My wife will not return with me because for some unknown reason she does not get excited over Air shows like I do. Yes I know it is hard to understand but we are all different I suppose. But one of my shooting mates has kindly offered to come with me.

Pete
Old 10-03-2015, 01:36 AM

Wonderful pictures, Kiwi- ALL of them. Had to hold off supper for the last 6 pages of pictures.
What a table of barrels - WOW!
The sights, the sounds- yours to remember and you've shared them with us - (we can imagine the sounds) you've shared a treasure trove of delights - thank you.