Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
.........All I can say is, people have different things that are important to them. Domestic animals are different from wild animals. Cats must be what they are, and to take one that was wild and contain him is not fair or always possible. If you take the life of something important to someone, consider the possibility that you may join it.
That pretty well sums up the discussion, IMO...........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Supporting Member

Rex has caught a couple of the neighbors de-clawed house cats that escaped their home. They could not scale trees and he treated them like he does raccoons and opossums, they took a whooping before I rescued them from Rex the wonder pup. He's almost 10 now and they won't come near the house which suits us both fine.

ML
Old 10-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

If you don't mind investing some money, in town use of an electric livestock fence can repel critturs and provide some entertainment value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oC3GCi878E

Unless you are up against a little smarter critter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdM9YOYrcbs

Last edited by RareBear; 10-01-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:24 AM

This question is to Doug and the other cat fanciers. Let's say that I am your neighbor and I could prove that it was your cat that did the damage to my truck, would you pay to have it repainted? It is a one off custom color, so you will be paying for the whole truck to be repainted, because there is no matching it.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:33 AM

Default Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
I'm a wacko cat person that would take it "EXACTLY" like killing my dog and if someone killed one of my cats they better stand the f--- by cause it's coming! That said Our cats have a pet door to go from the house to an enclosed kennel in the back yard, they "NEVER" are allowed to run loose, EVER.
I too have shot beau-coups feral cats over many years but if ya live in a city it's the choice you made and it means acting like a law abiding city dweller IMO. I believe in being a rule follower too, it's called being a responsible citizen. If the law is stupid enough to allow cats to run and dogs not to it oughta be changed but as stupid as that law is that city sounds dang awful "progressive" and it might be tough. I guess there's a reason I don't live places like that.
I know some think it's the Macho thing to hate on cats but I guess I ain't macho enough, I dig em. As I said though, I truly believe in being responsible whether its as a neighbor, a hunter or a pet owner.
Gotta be a legal way to deal with the problem.
Touchy subject with me, I was the one that got to try in vain to console my 7 year old granddaughter who was beyond hysterical cause some macho cat hater shot her beloved Mousy off her back porch in her own yard. Wish I coulda had a discussion with that macho pet killer about what constitutes a house pet and what is a feral cat that needs to be dispatched. I'd a also explained a few things about aiming any form of a lethal weapon at a house my family and grandkids live in.
I know I'm a salmon swimming upstream here but I guess it ain't the first time and most likely won't be the last .
Montdoug, salmon do pretty good at swimming up stream.
Ken.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:34 AM
Supporting Member

Blow gun and rubber balls. Use it weekly on our strays.

Adam
Old 10-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
This question is to Doug and the other cat fanciers. Let's say that I am your neighbor and I could prove that it was your cat that did the damage to my truck, would you pay to have it repainted? It is a one off custom color, so you will be paying for the whole truck to be repainted, because there is no matching it.
I understand your situation and that among many other reasons are why I have a completely enclosed kennel with a Franklin under ground fed waterer, etc etc. I don't allow "any" of my pets to roam period, ever, so it is to hypothetical a question to answer on a personal level.
I do agree however that who ever's cat that was that caused the damage should pay for the damage no doubt! That goes back to the personal responsibility issue I mentioned, seriously lacking in today's society and even more seriously needed!!! Big deal to me!
Letting cats run where I live is not only illegal here because we have sane laws about such but it's also being a crappy neighbor. On top of that the pet stands to get hurt and more over I like songbirds and cats are serious predators. Letting our pets run is just not something we do for a multitude of reasons.
On the real side though, I've been a gearhead most of my life, cars motorcycles etc and I'm really sorry yours got damaged.

Last edited by montdoug; 10-01-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:55 AM

Default Hypotheticals

Ok, I'll play the hypothetical game....Suppose I was your neighbor and while you were away on a business trip your wife came over to my house and I, um, ah, never mind. Let's just say we'd be working out the details the way men work out details in either case. My neighbor's dog got out and killed another neighbor's chicken. Does anyone kill all dogs on sight? Nope. First neighbor paid the second the price of a chicken. Cattle got loose and trampled a neighbors flower patch--same thing--nobody shoots cows on sight. If it was a few gallons of a special pink color of car paint in your hypothetical, I guess I'd be opening my wallet if it was my cat.

I'm just messing around, Qaz. If you own an animal or have a kid, chances are you're going to end up forking over some cash for some stupid thing they did.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post

Qaz, listen just man up and go talk to your neighbor about it I'm sure if you approach it civilized you will get the same respect in return. I call Bull$hit on the paint job and matching the color as I was a bodyman and painted cars for years and could blend and match colors on vintage cars for strict customers.

On second thought, if the truck is that important why not build a garage as the elements themselves reek havoc on paint.

The cat is just doing what is natural to the cat, people are destructive to there surroundings on a daily basis and think nothing of it and should know better.

One thing always holds true- karma is a bitch.

PS- try the fox urine on your tires.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Supporting Member

Hi Qaz,

I would suggest contacting your local animal control office and see what type of assistance they can provide. Some locales offer assistance i.e. trapping, traps, etc. Tough decision, and a personal one at that, doing what is right, best, legal, effective, humane, or combination thereof. May the outcome be successful. Speaking of "traps", maybe a catapult would just the ticket. I do like cats, just can't eat a whole one by myself. My wife and I are servants of 2, Shiloh and Goex, we lost Kimber our big 16lbs orange tabby to cancer a couple of years ago, had to keep the sliding back door latched, he would hook his front claws around the edge and pull it open.

All the best,

Michael.

Last edited by AzSam; 10-01-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Closed Thread