Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-22-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Thanks to term limits the OR Gov is out this fall. We have a slim but hopeful chance of voting in Betsey Johnson (Conservative Dem turned Independent) who appears to have some common sense about gun control and other issues.
Where is the NRA? They were asleep when WA state voted in mantatory gun registration which OR prompty followed. They appear to be ignoring the west coast.
I'd also be long gone to the MT p dog towns if my wife would agree...alas.
Wish us luck here in OR...we need it ... and
Can we have term limits for all our public servants in government... aka politicians.
Thanks for listening...I feel a little better.
I have a "Betsy for Oregon" sign in my front yard and have even had the opportunity to chat with her a couple months ago. So nice to have a reasonable candidate that I can support, rather than picking the best of the worst.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:52 PM

Anyone, especially the anit-gun nuts, notice that their talk of no where else, other than in the USA, do schools have mass murders ?
Will this mornings news show one in Russia, with so far, 15 dead and 21 injured.
But I bet the shooter in Russia will be dead very shortly and not coddeled like the US courts do with mass murderers.
And they deal with the person doing the murder, rather than the tool used.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:15 PM

If anyone thinks the progressive movement's concern is over saving innocent human lives let me offer this to consider:

In my plan given the stolen guns that are the primary tool used by people who commit murder with a firearm (if we consider those with the serial number obliterated beyond recovery as stolen as well).

1) Every Law Enforcement Agency MUST report the make, model and serial number of every firearm in their jurisdiction reported stolen within 24 hours or loose any and all federal money. No exceptions and violations result in a year suspension form receiving any federal money whatsoever.
2) This will be in a searchable online database available to the public
3) If convicted of stealing a firearm ten years sentence enhancement PER FIREARM is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
4) If convicted of possession of a stolen firearm that is in the database 5 years sentence enhancement PER FIREARM is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
5) If convicted of using a stolen firearm that is in the database in commission of a crime 20 years sentence enhancement is added to any other sentence. NO early release, and this is a federal offense served in federal prison. The judge has no discretion in sentencing.
6) Any firearm that has had the serial number deliberately obliterated is to be assumed to be one of the firearms in the database. The exceptions covering corrosion and/or restoration already in the federal law apply.
7) If you purchase a firearm at that point it is up to you to decide if it is worth your time to make sure it is not listed in the database.

Whenever I have brought this up to the "if it saves just one life!" crowd, they want nothing to do with it. I would submit for consideration that this demonstrates the utter lack of sincerity on their part.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:13 PM

And now Biden wants to put a higher tax on guns and ammunition.
As if criminals buy this stuff. They steal it, 98% of the time and deal on the black market, so the only ones that would be paying the higher tax are the lawful/legal citizens.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:32 PM

I had a skeet gun stolen in the 1980's in Lakewood WA that showed up with the barrels cut to 10 inches in Brownsville Texas a couple years later.

Since that incident I know of exactly one person who has had stolen guns returned to them. On that a guy I knew had a 375 JDJ Contender stolen along with dozens of other guns. I ran the retail counter of the largest shooting and hunting shop in the region at the time and a guy came in looking for 375 JDJ ammo. The guy got his guns back.

Since 1992 I know of literally thousands of guns that have been stolen and have no knowledge of a single one being returned to the owner. Right now the local newspaper, if you can call it that, is all atwitter and the police have dropped everything to find the Honda that was stolen from a County Council member with his dad's ashes in it.

I don't know about anywhere else in the country, but in urban Washington State the powers that be seemingly (I would say demonstrably) want firearms in the hands of the people who more likely than not have no legitimate business having them.

It is a big mistake to concede good intentions to followers of the progressive movement and more than that it is a trap. I have seen nothing to suggest that their intentions are never what their stated goal is. In fact the opposite is true. They use criminals killing innocent human beings as pretext to advance their agenda.

"One of the mysteries of the ages is why the political left has, for centuries, lavished so much attention on the well-being of criminals and paid so little attention to their victims."

-Thomas Sowell

I put out for consideration that the political left identifies with criminals because their ultimate goal is to increase innocent human suffering, misery and death. If their goal were not that, why is it when I ask for an example of them having achieved critical mass, gaining and consolidating power and being in position to implement their agenda they cannot give me an example wherein it did not ultimately lead to massively increased innocent human suffering, misery and death, they are not able to cite even one single example?

Last edited by JDHasty; 09-26-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:22 PM

I really hate to mention this, but Biden/Harris and the anti's had better start looking at a worse problem that guns killing school kids, but they won't.
Even past DEA officials have saying more kids will be killed/murdered ,by the use of what is now showing up all across the US, laced candies, like the Rainbow type, i.e. Nerds, Skittles, with Fentanyl.
Wonder how long before they want to add extra tax and ban those candies with Fentanyl ? BUnch of Idiots in Government and groups now days for sure. Nothing at all about banning/executing the criminal that murders.