Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2014, 08:00 PM

Guys,
How do you attach pics? I tried to click on the "paperclip" above but it just brings up a screen of the different attachement "types". I deliberately too photos of the smallest size with my digital camera is I know file size is NOT an issue. What am I missing?
Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger1212 View Post
Guys,
How do you attach pics? I tried to click on the "paperclip" above but it just brings up a screen of the different attachement "types". I deliberately too photos of the smallest size with my digital camera is I know file size is NOT an issue. What am I missing?
How do I add an image to a post?

You will need a hosting site for your pictures. Many use Photobucket, but I find (need to look up new site i am using, don't remember the name. I just switched from Image Shack which I had used for years because they now charge for their service) much more user friendly. Just checked, new site I am using is called Imgur. Very easy to use, no cost.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Last edited by Dean2; 04-25-2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Add host site info
Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 AM

Default ZKW465 and CZ527 magazines...

Trigger

Thanks for your post... my pleasure, glad you found some useful info... all this 17 Hornet research on Saubier has definitely been a great team effort by all concerned!

LOL yeah can't say I'm much of a fan of US beer either but the only place I've seen Foster's widely drunk is overseas... most Aussies don't drink it much at home! I prefer Tasmanian Boag's Premium

I found my fireforming loads to be VERY accurate, no need to 'waste' a bullet just use them as-is... a bonus being the relatively tapered minimal shouldered case feeds easily!

It is annoying that CZ didn't put the extra magazine length on the 527 22 Hornet to better use... I find that when using ADI 2207 powder I run into powder compression issues before maximum loads when using the VMax 20gr bullet.
Be nice to seat it out longer than 1.72" and still feed from the magazine...

The ZKW465 and CZ527 magazines are quite different... while I had always wanted a 17AH based on the classy little double trigger Brno ZKW465 action, OAL was always a BIG issue and there was little room to modify the magazine.
Of course spare magazines are now total unobtanium, so modifying one is a big risk to resale value.

I haven't modified a CZ527 magazine, so hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in here but it would seem ~2.5mm could be removed from the 11mm plastic spacer and still have it line up with the rear magazine lips to still allow CRF?
The follower would have to be re-bent a little longer or a new one CNC machined up out of flat stock but seems possible

Hmmm... I've got half a mind to pull one apart and 3D CAD up a custom Teflon spacer block and revised follower...

Last edited by Tilleyman; 04-26-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Clarification...
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Supporting Member

Lots of us have increased the room in these 22 Hornet magazines by taking them apart and shaving down the spacer, then reinstalling it. You can pick up quite a bit of room, at least 5 mm, and not have to do any other mods to the magazine. I don't remember whether I shave the front or the back of the spacer but when you take it apart it become clear which makes sense. Calhoon's sells hem already shaved, see his website, at the same price as a factory mag,for guys who want extra magazines or don't want to do the work themselves.

Last edited by Dean2; 04-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 AM

Default Popular 17 Hornet case capacities...

Added case capacities to try and keep all relevant 17 Hornet case forming into in one thread...

17 Hornet case total water capacity in grains

(all fire-formed, then FLS and decapped, trimmed to 1.35", flash holes plugged, water with Simple Green as a wetting agent)

Hornady 13.40gr
RWS 13.47gr
S&B 13.55gr
PRVI 13.85gr

Winchester 14.15gr
Remington 14.73gr

So out of the four brands with the correct head diameter of .2945" (excluding Win MEDIAN .2925" and Rem MEDIAN .2930") PRVI has the greatest case capacity...

But as many 17 AH owners already know, Remington cases have the thinnest brass with the greatest capacity of all brands

Last edited by Tilleyman; 04-29-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 AM

Tillyman,
How are you getting your pictures to post? They are not a link and I cannot figure out how to attach a file. Not a fan of the link route, as I like to have the actual pics in the posting. Thanks
Old 04-29-2014, 05:03 AM
Supporting Member

I'll be forming some Prvi brass into 17hh in a few weeks, most likely.

Allen

Last edited by hemiallen; 04-29-2014 at 01:11 PM. Reason: change mind
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger1212 View Post
Tillyman,
How are you getting your pictures to post? They are not a link and I cannot figure out how to attach a file. Not a fan of the link route, as I like to have the actual pics in the posting. Thanks

That is the icon I use to include a pic from photobucket, imgur, imageshack, or wherever else on the internet that I find a picture
Old 05-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Supporting Member

I returned from a fantastic Beldings squirrels shoot where we shot several hundred factory ammo with the CZ 17HH. Very fun caliber.

I reformed a PPU piece of brass, forgetting to shorten the case and found I have no pilot for my RCBS trimmer in 17 Caliber. I took another virgin hornet case, shortened it to 1.355 , deburred it and formed it using the Bullberry 20 cal die then finished with the Hornady die then annealed it, filled it with 10 grains of MP5744 and torched it off set at the factory OAL and pushing a 20 Vmax.

No chrono , just to verify the plan will work so I can knock out several more tomorrow.

Thanks for all the information posted here

Allen
Old 05-07-2014, 02:55 AM

Got to admit this picture thing is turning into a PITA. Dean and Jeremy, I appreciate the pointers on the link/photo bucket route but I really don't like using links. This forum SHOULD let you just attach a file as long as it is not too big. Normally you would just click on the paperclip ebmlem above and select the file you want and then hit upload. For some reason when you click on it you only get a screen that shows you the allowed file type and sizes allowed.

When Tillyman posts pictures it is a file or an image, not a link. How is that done? Again, sorry for being a PITA but really want to figure out how to load a file. Thanks!