Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 12-30-2020, 03:08 AM

Default Lehigh Defense .172 Controlled Chaos 20 gr bullet

Has anyone used the Lehigh 17 cal Controlled Chaos 20 gr bullets? I just learned about them today, and wonder if they will work well in my 17 CCM Cooper rifle this summer. I used up all the 20 grain Hammet bullets I bought with my rifle many moons ago, and the 20 gr V-Max bullets I've used since are not nearly as accurate as were the Hammet bullets. I have not had the rifle out since a prairie dog hunt a couple of years ago, but that will change come Spring......I hope.

Would love to read the comments of anyone who has used the 17 caliber Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos 20 grain bullets.

Last edited by Monster Man; 12-30-2020 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:37 PM

Re – Lehigh 20s.
I’ve shot about fifty of them doing load dev. and some plinking. I bought them to supplement my harvesting of the Hornady NTXs from rimfire rounds as I have to shoot non-lead at squirrels in this state. Now that I can purchase the NTXs the Lehighs are just sitting in reserve. The Lehighs shot pretty well right away but not quite with the NTXs (plus they cost more). When I can shoot regular bullets the black tip Nosler 20s are the most accurate of the “regular” bullets for me. I have no experience with any “custom” stuff. All this thru my CZ 17 HH varmint which pretty much does ½ to ¾ inch if I stay focused. Also, pretty much only using CFE Black powder for all these.
One thing I’ve learned (esp. after doing a lot of reading on this site) is it never hurts to try out new stuff.
I wouldn’t hesitate to go hunting with those Lehighs, I just have others that are working a little better right now. Hope my rambling is even a little bit useful.

Dave
Old 01-01-2021, 11:50 PM

I tried the LeHigh in both 17 & 20 cal and they shot pretty well also, but not as accurate ( or I could not find a load that did) as well as the NTX's or Nosler lead free, that I am using now in my commie state, with the lead bullet ban on game/non=game.
But they did explode critters when they hit them. Bill K