Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Supporting Member

Kenny, correct on the 39gr. I have some but nearly as much as the 40grVMax and Bergers.

His main targets are Coyotes and crows, a deer every now and again. I really think he'll shoot worse than I, I just want him to be comfortable and know it's capability. Which instills confidence, and that in most cases is better than accuracy.

Adam
Old 10-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Supporting Member

24grs of 322 was always a go to load for me and the 32gr Hornady's...

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 10-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ae35gunner

Adam,
I'm a little late getting into this topic but my "go to" load for my Cooper 1-12" twist 20 Tactical is 40 gr V-Max or 39 gr Blitzkings over 25 grains of Reloder 10X lit by Federal 205M primers. It's worked for me well enough to win in the Heavy Varmint class (22-250 & bigger caliber-wise) in P/D Silhouette Match out to 565 yards (5" x 9" steel targets at that range). I've always used Leupold 12X fixed power scopes for these matches. Plenty of scope out to 400+ yards, and sufficient for over 500 yards,,,BUT the targets do get a tad bit small at that range. I'm not sure that I'd be using 32 gr bullets on deer sized game anyway. Just an opinion. If it were me I'd be looking at the heavier bullets. I know that there are those around that say a 12 twist will not stabilize a 40 gr bullet. All of my 20's have 12 twist barrels and I have never had a stability issue yet. Regards, Charlie
Old 10-27-2014, 11:10 PM

Our mutual friend, 17 Shooter is out at the hunting camp this week, but he would be a good source of information. His 20 TACs shoot tiny groups.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:28 PM
Supporting Member

I got it to shoot, but not with the components the customer had, which is an issue. I told him the findings and he said, I'll shoot what I have, if that's 1" groups then so be it.

Adam