Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Supporting Member

Off the top of my head, if the CZ's are x1.25 then I think 20tpi is close enough...

I just rebarrled a BRNO and they were x1.25, so I'd venture it's a good chance that CZ's are the same...

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 12-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Supporting Member

Default value

Value seems to be by cyclic on these. I've bought and sold a few of these in the last 6 years. Same ole story, buy it right 450-500, someone starts yelling the sky is falling....sell it 7-750.00, regret it and start looking all over again. About 6 years ago the thing to do was to buy one and re-barrel it into a 17AH with the only option for some was to buy a Cooper in a singleshot. Obviously there were other options but if you wanted a high quality 17AH that seemed to be the route, while lamenting that you just turned probably the best shooting Hornet you had into something else. Also factor in the issue of it's probably one of the few high quality repeaters you can find for a Hornet based wildcat. Then upon resale you're kicked in the behind with the loss that generally follows custom built rifles.

I assume these are seasonal runs regardless of the fact that Browning has them listed on their site because no one(distributors) can get them until approximately 30 days after the shot show. Same with their low wall 22 Hornet. The one I currently have I bought 2 years ago off Gun Broker for 550.00 NIB, buy it now, from a dealer that in the body of the description said he just received 5 and would be posting them. The next one he listed 24hrs later was for 695.00 and sold immediately, the next 3 were 775.00. Those took a few days but all sold, these were the plain Hunter's. Used ones seem to be whatever the market will bear and how bad do you want it. Waiting long periods to find one has the effect of opening your wallet a little wider..........you hesitate...and it's gone.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:23 AM

I did end up with a Cooper Montana Varminter 22 Hornet. I found that I didn't really care for the small size, weight and sporter style stock of the Browning. That is why I got the Cooper and will probably get rid of the LH Micro Hunter Hornet. I know that everybody likes them here, but I just didn't take to it because of what I mention above, no matter how well it may have shot.

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
Value seems to be by cyclic on these. I've bought and sold a few of these in the last 6 years. Same ole story, buy it right 450-500, someone starts yelling the sky is falling....sell it 7-750.00, regret it and start looking all over again. About 6 years ago the thing to do was to buy one and re-barrel it into a 17AH with the only option for some was to buy a Cooper in a singleshot. Obviously there were other options but if you wanted a high quality 17AH that seemed to be the route, while lamenting that you just turned probably the best shooting Hornet you had into something else. Also factor in the issue of it's probably one of the few high quality repeaters you can find for a Hornet based wildcat. Then upon resale you're kicked in the behind with the loss that generally follows custom built rifles.

I assume these are seasonal runs regardless of the fact that Browning has them listed on their site because no one(distributors) can get them until approximately 30 days after the shot show. Same with their low wall 22 Hornet. The one I currently have I bought 2 years ago off Gun Broker for 550.00 NIB, buy it now, from a dealer that in the body of the description said he just received 5 and would be posting them. The next one he listed 24hrs later was for 695.00 and sold immediately, the next 3 were 775.00. Those took a few days but all sold, these were the plain Hunter's. Used ones seem to be whatever the market will bear and how bad do you want it. Waiting long periods to find one has the effect of opening your wallet a little wider..........you hesitate...and it's gone.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:40 AM

I bought my lefty hornet from Bud's a few years back for about $750 new. Bob Green turned it into a 17AH with lilja barrel.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge View Post
I bought my lefty hornet from Bud's a few years back for about $750 new. Bob Green turned it into a 17AH with lilja barrel.

That is a nice change to the rifle. Is the barrel both longer and heavier?

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:38 AM

Its a 9T lilja #3. I honestly don't remember if its 22" or 24". Had to open up the stock a little bit, but not much. Shoots very well, cleans up nice.

Aaron